Out and About with Jan: October 22, 2021

Jan and I had agreed a couple of days ago to get together and do something today ( Friday October 22, 2021).   When I called her this morning, I suggested we go to GLENWOOD CEMETERY and find some of the gravesites in this book. 


So we met up at my house and I drove.

When we got to the cemetery, we found that it was very hard to follow the map and find the spots highlighted on it.  So we wandered around a bit (in the car) and checked out the newer buildings where caskets are stacked.  By the time we were ready to leave it was lunch time and we decided to go to DENNYS because Jan was in the mood for pancakes.

We had lunch and then went to the YMCA where we walked the track for close to a half hour and then spent some time on the recumbent bikes.  Jan signed up for the upcoming November craft class.  When I picked up a flier for this class I noticed that the date on the flier was one week earlier than the date that both she and I had signed up for.  We mentioned this to the fellow running the front desk and he checked and agreed that there is a discrepancy.  I asked if Joanna was in today and he said she was not, but that he would leave a note for her about it.  (Joanna runs the craft nights).

On the way back to my house, I asked Jan if she wanted to see some Halloween displays.  She said yes, so I took her to Crosby Street.   

The owner was working on his project.








These are some of the pictures I took.  I don't even like Halloween but I found this interesting.  At night it is all lit up and on weekends it is animated, too.

I decided to try uploading those pictures to my chrome book instead of my laptop.  I learned how to do that with help from a tech at the Dale Association before my ASP trip but I took my laptop with me instead of my chrome book because I thought I would be taking TOO MANY pictures to upload to the chrome book since it has a smaller amount of download space.  In the meantime, I kind of forgot how to d/l pics to the chromebook, but I figured it out again and it worked.  BUT, I need to do it more often so that it becomes easier and quicker.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024