Sunday October 24th, 2021 Return to Walton Woods

 I picked Maggie up for church this morning.  Church was good!   After church, Betty suggested that we go to the refuge to walk the SWALLOW HOLLOW trail.  I agreed.   Before leaving church, we asked Cindi if she wanted to go with us.  She said she wanted to, but would need some time to pick up lunch for her husband who has been working all weekend on fixing a leak in their house.   I needed to run home and change clothing and shoes, and Betty offered to pick me up there.  We went to Wendy's for lunch and called Cindi who suggested we wait for her at Wendy's and she would pick us up as soon as she finished her lunch.  By that time, though, we had changed our mind and decided to go to WALTON WOODS in Amherst.  Betty and I had been there before.  

Cindi picked us up and we headed out.  We found it easily enough and set off on the trailhead closest to where we were parked.  We had a nice walk.  I forgot to take my camera.  Betty took several pictures and I asked her to send them to me.  

On the way home, I suggested that we go somewhere for desert and said I would treat.   Both Betty and Cindi agreed and we talked about various possibilities on our way back to Lockport.  We decided on OLIVE LEAF, but wondered if it would be open (it was not) so we went to PANERA's.  I bought a danish so we could share it.  It was very good.  We sat and talked for a while.

I called Paula in the evening and we set Thursday to get together for lunch.  I did my homework for the Freedom Group.  It appears that Peggy has a gastroenterologist appointment for the time of the group, so I might be leading it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023