Thursday, October 28th, 2021 LIFE GROUP and SIMPLY PIEROGI

 I got up a bit early and reviewed my plan for today's FREEDOM GROUP.  I arrived at the church  early and made sure that the heat was on, and the room was arranged to suit me.  Pastor Craig happened to come down and he asked me how I was, and when I told him that I would be leading Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP, he offered to pray for me, WHICH WAS GREAT and he offered some encouragement.  

People started arriving a couple of minutes before ten a.m. and I started the meeting going around five minutes after.  Everything went smoothly and there was a LOT of discussion.  I think it went well, and now I feel more confident about doing this, which is good since I will be leading the group twice while Peg and David are on vacation next month.

When the meeting finished, I called Paula and she picked me up at the church and we headed to SIMPLY PIEROGI which is one part of CHRUSIKI'S in Williamsville, at the Eastern Hills Mall. 


There is a sit down restaurant, Simply Pierogi (which is cafeteria style) and the bakery.   We had a nice lunch to celebrate her birthday.    I ordered two items:  The Senior Special (which is five assorted pierogi's and a huge piece of sausage, and the potato pancakes.   The Senior Special was really good but I did not care for the potato pancakes.  I gave one to Paula and she agreed with me.  It seemed to be made out of mashed potatoes rather than shredded potatoes.   We also had a desert:  I chose  a chocolate croissant and Paula had something covered with dark chocolate. .  We had a good time together and agreed to get together next week and go to the Iroquois for a hike.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023