Wednesday, October 27th, 2021 Golden Corral

 First thing in the morning, I ran over to FREEDOM CHURCH to pick up a copy of the Leaders Notes for tomorrow's FREEDOM GROUP.  I also dropped off some food to the Little Food Pantry behind the Emmanuel Methodist Church.   Then I went home and got ready to go to Rochester with Betty, Myrna and Elaine E.  Betty picked me up first and then we went to get Myrna and then to Gasport to pick up Elaine and then we headed to Rochester to have lunch at THE GOLDEN CORRAL.

When we got close to Rochester, Betty said "Elaine, how do we get there?" and Elaine said she did not know.  I had offered to do a mapquest a couple of weeks ago, but Betty said not to since Elaine knew how to get there. UGH.  Anyways we got to the restaurant fairly easily


thanks to the directions we were given by a woman we asked.  It is a BUFFET restaurant. The senior price is a little over eleven dollars.  We all enjoyed our meals.   They could have used a lot more labels and having them all in the right spot would have helped!  The sign said coleslaw, but it turned out to be crab salad.  I started with a small salad before getting some REAL food.   The grilled barbeque chicken and the sweet potato casserole were delicious.  I made sure to have several small servings of vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, brussell sprouts.   For desert I had a small portion of bread pudding and a bite of chocolate fudge.   They even offered cotton candy, and I went up and got some which Elaine and Myrna enjoyed.  

We ran into a bit of trouble on the way home, trying to avoid going on expressways, and we ended up driving through Rochester, but we were always headed in the right direction and did not have to backtrack.

Elaine gave me ten dollars to give to Betty for gas.  I added ten dollars to it and slipped it into Betty's purse when she went into Elaine's house to use her bathroom.  When Betty dropped me off, I got out of the car and just before closing the car door I said "I slipped twenty dollars into your purse, its gas money from Elaine and I.  Don't say "no", and I closed the car door before she could answer me.  But she opened her window and hollered "No" before I got to my front door.  

It was close to six p.m. when we arrived back in Lockport.   I worked on my lesson plans for tomorrows FREEDOM GROUP, took a shower and washed my hair.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024