November 27th and 28th, 2021

 Saturday, November 27th:  I had an idea to make something like TURKEY SOUP CASSEROLE.  I thought I could thicken the broth from the broth made from simmering the turkey carcass that Peg brought over.  I first thickened it with a flour slurry and then some mashed potato flakes (instant) and then with a corn starch slurry.   I guess it did thicken a bit, but not much.  I prepared some stovetop turkey stuffing, layered it with some cooked carrot slices and a bit of cooked shredded cabbage and some canned peas, and then put leftover turkey on top and then some of the kinda thickened broth.  It made a pretty tasty casserole, even if it was not what I had hoped for.  Peg also brought over a bag of cranberries.  I don't know what I did wrong, I followed the same exact recipe but they are really watery, not at all like they have been in the past.  This was Carrie's full day home.  

Sunday, November 28th:   I watched Wayne Dent give the sermon at FREEDOM CHURCH this morning ONLINE.  The sermon was excellent.   I attended the same church as they did in 1972, but never got to know them since they left to go to Pennsylvania.  Wayne and Sharon returned to Lockport three years later and started FAITH TABERNACLE CHURCH which became Freedom Church a few years ago.  

I found out via Facebook that Doloros Stinson passed away this morning.  I babysat for her children for three or four years after we moved to this house on Phelps Street.  They lived three houses down.  When I first started babysitting, they had two children, Barbie and Sherry, and by time I graduated, they had five.  Altogether three girls and two boys. 


I connected with Doloros a couple of years ago at the Y, in the pool during the Silver Sneakers classes.  She was a friend of Betty's son in laws mother, Lela.  Doloros had some type of cancer and had been on hospice care for a while.

When I called the OXBOW residence to find out what time they would be picking Carrie up, the worker that answered did not know that Carrie's return was scheduled for today.  However, they worked it out and Sarah picked her up a little before two p.m.  

In the evening I watched the movie MUDBOUND on Netflix.  It is a wonderful movie.  

I also talked with Connie on the phone for about fifteen minutes.  I am very concerned about her.  She is afraid to use the outlets in her place, so all she can eat is cold food, and she uses flashlights and lanterns in the evening.  I think she is somewhat of a procrastinator since she has mentioned needing to get an electrician to check out the outlets and wiring several months ago, but has yet to make an appointment with one.    Pauline brought her a hot turkey dinner on Thanksgiving dinner. 

I started watching DOPESICK on Hulu.
The last couple of days with Carrie have been a bit rough.  It is not as easy to care for her as it used to be when I was younger.    So, I am indulging myself with HULU and NETFLIX.    I think I am going to like DOPESICK.

Plans for tomorrow:  finish my Cheristmas decorating, and finish up the laundry and put Carrie's bed back together.  Hopefully, get a call or two from one or more of the people I emailed today regarding the problems with Carrie's leg braces.  On  Tuesday morning I will go for my mammogram.  Kate Groves will be driving me there and back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023