THURSDAY November 5th, 2021 FREEDOM GROUP and More: GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!
I attended Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP this morning at Freedom Church. It went very well. This time I paid more attention to how Peggy leads the group and I realize now that I put myself through the wringer last Thursday when I led the group on the spur of moment, when Peg realized that she had a medical appointment. I think leading the next two groups while Peggy is away will be easier! She follows along in the workbook, which is a lot easier than what I did last week.
After that meeting, I met up with Peg at her house so she could give me a front door key and the alarm shut off fob. I left a bag of food for Myrna with Peggy since she is going to take a mac and cheese casserole over to her later on today and she can deliver my bag of food, too. A batch of cookies, some homemade refrigerator pickles, a small portion of steamed summer squash, a portion of creamed chipped beef and some sourdough bread to go with it, some grapes and probably one more item.
Before going home, I got gas (almost on empty) and went to DOLLAR TREE because I forgot to get napkins the last time I was there. I also used a coupon and picked up a $5.00 Whopper Meal from Burger King.
When I got home, there was a phone message from Greg Stenzel, the manager of Carrie's home in Lewiston so I called him back. He told me that there will be an opening in the HOOVER ROAD HOUSE and that Carrie is being offered that spot, and she can have her own room there. I IMMEDIATELY said YES. The HOOVER ROAD HOUSE is an all female house, only four residents instead of six and is FIFTEEN MINUTES DRIVE CLOSER to me than her present home (Oxbow) in Lewiston. Also, Carrie can continue to go to her day program. I am SO HAPPY. I have always wished that Carrie could live in the Hoover Road house. I think her move will take place in the spring of next year, after renovations to the house are completed. Also, my friend Vicky's daughter, Kristen, lives there! SOOOO I am very happy about this. Mostly the shorter drive for visits, and fewer residents is better, and ALL FEMALES is a really good thing. The bottom line is this: If I could choose any place for my daughter, Carrie, to live, I would choose Heritage Christian Services Hoover Road Home. Peggy called and I gave her the good news. She said she felt like crying and I told her that I cried. I am just praising and thanking God for taking such good care of Carrie.
A representative (Bill Yaw) from Zenner and Ritter came by and checked out the electrical boxes and fuse boxes, etc. and gave me estimates to have a GENERAC generator installed. His estimates are higher than the previous estimates, but this fellow was so much more professional than the other fellow, and I am pretty sure I will choose them.
I called Betty in the evening and we confirmed the time tomorrow morning for her to pick me up for the CRAFT BAZAAR at Covenant Church in Gasport. Betty and Peggy will visit Liz in the Lockport Hospital tomorrow afternoon.
I called Myrna and we talked for a while. Peg delivered the bag of food to her. She is doing well. Things are moving along with regards to her rescheduled surgery.
Comments
Post a Comment