Wednesday, November 3rd

 I got up to an absolutely beautiful fall day.   I decided to call Paula and see if she wanted to go out to the refuge for a hike.  She did not answer, so I left her a message.  It took her a couple of hours to get back to me.  In the meantime, I baked a batch of cookies, started my homework for tomorrows FREEDOM GROUP meeting, and cleared out the right side of the garage to make room for my car since winter is just around the corner and Cattaraugus County got snow a day or so ago.  

Paula called and said she could not accompany me.  I toyed with the idea of calling someone else but I decided not to.   Once in a while I like to do something all by myself and I decided that today was a good day for that.  

I took a shower and washed my hair and then went to the post office to send the book WINTERDANCE to Connie.  I think she will like it.  I decided to drive out to  SCHWAB'S farm market and use my last two coupons for produce and get some butternut squash.  On the way there, I realized that I would be passing Cold Springs Cemetery which usually has some really good fall color, and I had not done a drive through yet this year.  SO I went in and found some pretty good color and took about twenty pictures. 























Then I headed out to Gasport.  When I was driving through the Village of Gasport I noticed (for the first time) this building that looks like it was once a motel.  
I got three winter squash at Schwabs and then decided to go to MILLERS mostly to get a sandwich, but I ended up purchasing several items.

Before going into MILLERS, I noticed a beautiful, interesting building in the cemetery right next door, so I walked over and took a few pictures.  





I ate half of my sandwich on the way back to Lockport.  One last stop:  at Niagara Produce where I purchased some cider and some carrots.  

When I got home, Peg called, and gave me the bad news that Myrna's surgery was cancelled due to the need for the surgeon to have better, more precise information about the location of something or other.  Anyways, she was not admitted to the hospital and surgery will be rescheduled.  I almost cried since I know how much she was looking forward to getting the surgery done. I called Betty and told her about this, and I messaged Cindi with the news.  I feel so bad for Myrna.  Now she will be back in "the waiting game".

I got a long email from Leslie regarding the senate hearings (yesterday) about the dangers and complications of the COVID vaccination.  She is beginning to sound like a right-wing conspiracy theorist.  However, her concerns are certainly valid.  

I listened to BEN SHAPIRO's gloating recap of yesterday's election.    WOW!!!   I think this is the "reckoning" that we needed.  Conservatives/Republicans have finally had enough of the lefts radicalism and have fought back.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020