CHRISTMAS 2021 at my house

 I slept pretty good last night, got up and prepared french toast with sliced banana for breakfast.   I finished the vacuuming and straightening and added an extra set of lights on the railing leading down to the family room.   I set the table


and then got to work preparing food for Christmas dinner.  

Here is the menu

Ham with raisin sauce

baked sweet potato slices

pea salad

corn

baked beans

butternut squash casserole

crescent rolls, and another kind of bread

for desert:  Scott's birthday cake

                  fruit cake

                 cookies and brownies

                jello


I finished watching DON'T LOOK UP and started in on the limited series THE GIRL FROM OSLO. At first, I liked DON'T LOOK UP but all of a sudden it turned into kind of a comedy that I did not care for, also too much profanity. 

     Becky arrived around three thirty p.m.  She has a brand-new truck.  We talked about taking her truck to Clymer, NY in the spring to find a gravesite of one of our ancestors.  Peg, David, Scott and Luis arrived ight around four.  


     Our Christmas


 dinner was great.  Peg raved over the beans.  We had Scott's birthday cake shortly after the meal ended.  We exchanged presents before they left to take Scott and Luis back to Scott's place in Buffalo.   I sent food home with all of them.  By the time I finished cleaning the kitchen, I was exhausted, and my feet hurt.  

     I watched more of THE GIRL FROM OSLO but then I remembered that the CALL THE MIDWIFE Christmas special was coming on at nine p.m.  It was pretty good, but I cannot call it excellent.  I love the story line but some of the acting seems a bit forced and phony especially how the doc and his wife smile constantly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024