December 13, 2021 Back to Normal Life

 NYSEG did not show up  this morning between nine and eleven a.m., like had been arranged a few weeks ago, for them to replace the meter reading box for the upstairs apartment.  They did not call, either.  I tried to reach someone to reschedule, but after about 20 minutes on hold, I hung up.     I puttered around the house, and put together a bag of items to go to the GOOD WILL, and straightened up the area just inside my front door where I have a "catch all" with a mirror and a coat tree.  I threw some papers out, and moved some maps and tourism brochures to a better spot. 

I headed out a little early for my appointment with Dr. Chubineh.  I went to the library, to Niagara Produce and I dropped off some items to the Little Food Pantry behind the Methodist Church. 

My appointment went well.  I was surprised when a PA named Lisa came in to see me instead of Dr. Chubineh.  However, I like her and feel she did a good job.  I scheduled a colonoscopy for April of next year.  

After that I went to Rite Aid to get some Red Yeast Rice.  Then I dropped the stuff off at The Good Will, and then picked up a tuna sub at Subway.

While having lunch, I started to watch CHILD BRIDE: THE UNTOLD STORY a three episode documentary. 


Then I laid down for a while, and I am pretty sure that I fell asleep.  When I got up, I checked my kitchen phone and saw that Betty had tried to reach me.  I called her and she was pretty upset.  Her car broke down and is at Zimmie's.  When she got home, she realized that she had left her medicines (she took all of them to her medical appointment this morning) in the car.  She needed a ride back to Zimmie's to get them.  A neighbor took her.  I don't know if her car was INSIDE Zimmie's or parked outside but it is only a few minutes walk to get there from her house so I am guessing it was inside OR that she needed to get there before they closed.  I will find out more later on after she has calmed down.

I found a movie to watch on TV

and after a while I called Betty to find out what happened to her car.  It started acting up after she and Elaine went to Hoovers, a liquor store, Big Lots, the library and Rite Aid.   She kept driving and took Elaine home and then went to Snell's where the owner looked under the hood and told her he thought she could make it back to Lockport if she drove slow.  She made it to Lockport and got to Zimmie's just as the owner was locking up.  He gave her a ride home, but she left her meds in her car and needed to go back to Zimmie's to get them.  Her neighbor gave her a ride and she retrieved them.  They will look at her car tomorrow, and she hopes to get it back later on in the day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024