December 14th 2021 Ladies Life Group Christmas Luncheon and New Recipe for Bread Pudding

 I arrived a few minutes before ten a.m. at the church for the Ladies Life Group.  Elaine arrived a couple of minutes later.  She told me that the Life Group would not take place today, that everyone was bringing a dish to pass for a Christmas luncheon and fellowship.  I told her that I did not bring anything since I did not know about it (she should have called me, but she didn't).  I wish I had known about it because if I had, I would have invited Betty and picked her up.  At any rate, people started arriving, bringing food with them.

I took these pictures in the lobby before the meeting.  Sarah Hull and her mother, Patty, always decorate the sanctuary and lobby for Christmas.   






Pam brought three trays of lasagna that she made.  Karen brought hot taco salad.   I think the rest was deserts, with one tray of cut up vegetables.  The staff came down and joined us, and it was a nice time, but as usual, very disorganized.  We agreed to get together for breakfast at Denny's two weeks from today on December 28th.  We will not meet next week since it a few days before Christmas.  

I wanted to go to the Palace to see the movie IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at one p.m. and I am sure I could have found someone to go with me, but I slept horribly last night and was very tired.  So, I came home and laid down, I think I slept about an hour.  I still feel tired, but that is a good thing, I should sleep well tonight.

When I got up a little before five p.m., I decided to make a bread pudding, using a Better Homes and Garden recipe that I found online.  Peggy called.  She told me that Betty got her car back, which set her back five hundred dollars.  I tried to reach Betty by phone, but she did not answer.  No doubt, she is out and about getting caught up on her shopping.  \

I moved some things in Carrie's bedroom that are near the door, since Home Depot is scheduled to come tomorrow morning at eight thirty to install the new door.  

BREAD PUDDING RECIPE   (which is very good)

  •  cup raisins
  •     
  •        2 cups milk

structions Checklist
  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole; set aside. In a large bowl combine bread cubes and raisins. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir into bread mixture. Pour into the prepared casserole.  Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, uncovered. 

  • Betty, Myrna and I agreed to go to the BUFFALO NIAGARA CHRISTMAS LIGHT SHOW at the fairgrounds on Saturday night.  Betty and I will pick Myrna up at five p.m.    

  • Jan and I made plans to go see IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE at the Palace Theatre tomorrow at four p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023