December 16th, 2921 FREEDOM GROUP (Last Lesson) and more

 This morning was the final meeting of Peggy's FREEDOM GROUP.  I tried to arrive early to help her set up for the "brunch" that was planned last week, but I only managed to get there about ten minutes early, so I helped her a bit.  The brunch and lesson went well.  Johnna brought breakfast sandwiches, which were very good.  Patty brought a huge bowl of cut up fruit.  Linda brought PAULA'S DONUTS!!!!!  (but not my favorite plain ones) and there were other items, too.    I had to leave early due to having an appointment with Dr. Danaher for a post Covid check up.  She checked my lungs and said they are 97 percent out of a possible 100 percent.  Most people fall between 95 and 99.   She called in a new script for a different medication to help me sleep, and she said I can stop taking the tiny aspirin daily, due to new findings.  

When I got home, I called US BANK and redeemed points.  I will get a Visa Card for $55 in the mail.  Well, something went wrong even though I talked to a real person.  The email says I will receive a twenty five dollar card.  Oh well, the rest of my rewards points will remain in my total and I can redeem them another time. 

I talked with Peg and David on the phone and we decided what to do for Christmas and New Years.  We will have Christmas dinner at my place.  It will be Peg, David and I, and David's son Scott and his son Luis.  I will also invite my cousin Becky, but she will probably say no since it will be too late in the day for her.  

I tried to reach Connie on the phone but she did not answer.  I am concerned about how she is recovering from the negative reaction to her Covid booster.  

I watched episode one of BLEAK HOUSE on PBS.  I read BLEAK HOUSE when I did an independent study with Empire State College way back in l984 or 85.  I think the title of the course was CHARLES DICKENS but I don't really recall reading any of his other books at that time.  I am not sure I will continue to watch it, it is kind of well, bleak..............



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023