December 29th, 2021 Lunch at the Fieldstone

 Before meeting up with Gail and Peggy at the FIELDSTONE for lunch, I went to the library and picked up two books and read the last four days newspapers, and then I stopped at Aldi's for a few items.  Aldi's was pretty crowded and only had two cashiers working, so it was a bit of a madhouse.  

Gail, Peggy and I had a nice lunch.  I had the baked fish which comes with the soup and salad bar.  Everything was very good.  After leaving the Fieldstone, Peg and I met up at the BUTCHER SHOP.  Our intentions were to purchase scallops and steaks for our traditional New Year's Eve supper at their house.  However, they were totally out of scallops.  So, we went to TOPS and got those items, as well as some shrimp and some lobster bisque.   Peggy took the items for New Year's Eve dinner to her house.  She had to go over to see Louise after that.  Louise is very upset after seeing her doctor this morning because he wants her to turn up her oxygen and see a heart doctor.  

I went to the Washburn Street Rite Aid and to Niagara Produce before going home.  I received a card from Oxbow with a gift card for $300 at Wegmans.  Gail had given me a $20 card for Trader Joes, and I also have a ten-dollar card for Wal-Mart from the elders at the church.  I will use the Wegmans card to stock up on paper goods, dish liquid and detergent and other items. 

I finished my sweet potato soup for supper and watched a STUPID movie called PIG.  Then I found THE SPANISH PRINCESS, a  STARZ series which is on Hulu, which is very good. 


 Laura Carmichael who played Edith in Downton Abbey is in it.  She is an excellent actress, actually much better than the actress who plays the princess. 

Having missed my nap, I am really tired tonight.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023