December 30th, 2021 at Home with C.S. Lewis and The Spanish Princess

 I did not sleep well last night, but that is getting to be a regular thing.  In the morning, when checking facebook I saw info. about a movie about C.S. Lewis.   It is available on FB for a price, so I did a search on my ROKU TV.  I found a documentary with a similar title; I am pretty sure it is not the movie advertised on FB.  I turned it on and watched part of it.


I called Peggy and suggested that since she has to work tomorrow, we might do our traditional New Years Eve dinner on a different day, but she thinks tomorrow will be the best, and most likely she will not work a full day.  

I called HOOKS SHOES in Amherst to see if they have any toe cushions because the toes on my left foot are acting up.  I am wearing a makeshift pillow, by turning a right foot cushion over and it is working, but I think I should get an appropriate one.   They have them.  Betty will pick me up  tomorrow morning at ten and we will head south and I will treat her to lunch in exchange for driving. I found three restaurants that are open for lunch tomorrow, some places are closed due to it being New Years Eve.

I decided to work on taking down some of my Christmas decorations, only leaving the lighted items intact.  I had intended to leave them up until after January 1st, but since I will stay home today (having been out a good portion of yesterday and going out tomorrow) it seems like today is a good day.  

I made good progress with getting Christmas stuff organized better than it has been in the past.  I decided that I should separate out my Christmas glass items and I made room in the cupboard above my refrigerator.   I took several items from that cupboard that I have NEVER used, not since I moved here, some mine and some stuff that belonged to Dad and Martha (I guess).   I may take the items upstairs and put them in the kitchen cupboards or I may donate them to the GOOD WILL.  

After I finished watching the show about C S Lewis, I watched more of THE SPANISH PRINCESS.  According to wikipedia, it is a sequel to the miniseries The White Queen and The White Princess.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023