FRIDAY December 10th, 2021 December Sure is Dragging on.........................
When I got up this morning, I felt pretty good except that I thought I might be feeling a tightness in my chest. I had the same feeling yesterday. I looked for an inhaler, and could not find the newest one which I think I got in late 2016 or early 2017 (I remember because I asked Dr. Varallo to order one for me so that I would have a fresh one to take to Israel in February 2017). I found several that all had expired several years ago. I decided to call Dr. Danaher's office to schedule a POST COVID CHECK UP, and the nurse asked me about shortness of breath and I told her about the "tiny" tightness in my chest. They called in a new prescription for an Albuteral Inhaler to Rite Aid. Rite Aid called ate 3:20 to say it is ready. Betty picked it up for me. I am not sure I really need it, but it is a good thing to have. I have an appointment with Dr. Danaher next Thursday at 11:45, which means I will have to leave the FREEDOM GROUP breakfast early. Darn!!!
I showered and washed my hair, and put clean lounging clothes on, and baked a piece of salmon, and made a salmon salad and garlic toast for my lunch. I continued watching CENTENNIAL. I also listened to Ben Shapiro's first hour show, I am kind of disappointed that he spent the whole time making fun of Jusse Smollett. It was worth five or maybe ten minutes, but not a whole hour.
I got a small magazine from what used to be KNOW HOW TOURS, they now have a new name, I think it is SCENIC NIAGARA. I noticed an interesting day trip in March of next year to the smaller Amish area in northern Ohio. I called Marlene and we discussed the possibility of signing up for this trip. Then I called the tour company to ask some questions. Marlene and I will discuss it more tomorrow on the phone and most likely I will make our reservations.
Peggy called and we talked for a bit. Juan Abar needs open heart surgery and his daughter's appendix burst and she is not in good shape. Pam Nimetz's father died, but she tested positive for Covid and cxannot go to his funeral.
I vacuumed the living room! I decided to return to a easy craft project that I started a week or more ago. I found three small, short white glass dishes at GOULDS, when I stopped by there on a recent Saturday. I came up with an idea to take colorful ribbon in Christmas colors and weave it through the openings on the side all around. Here is one of the bowls.
After I did the "ribboning", I placed some Christmas tree decorations in it. You really cannot see the ribons all that well.Dutch Letter Bars
1 cup butter soft
1 8oz package almond paste
2cups sugar (plus extra for dusting)
2 cups flour
2 eggs
Mix all the above together. Put in a greased baking dish. I used a 10 in springform pan. Used offset spatula to spread evenly generously dust with sugar. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 min or until too is golden brown. Cool completely and serve.
Here are a couple more pictures showing my "creation", which I set in the middle on the old chest in my living room.
Peg called in the evening and we talked for a while. She and the other church staff people are concerned about the CHRISTMAS MARKET planned for tomorrow afternoon. Most of it is OUTSIDE, and high winds are predicted. They have put so much planning and work into it.
I was looking for room in my kitchen cupboards to put the rounded half globe that I sometimes use for muffins or cookies, and when I could not find any, I came up with this idea for on top of my television in the family room.
Comments
Post a Comment