New Years Eve Day 2021

 Yesterday, I called Betty and asked her if she could drive me to HOOKS SHOE STORE in Amherst.  I needed to pick up a couple of toe cushions (for hammer toes) since my left toes started hurting several days ago.  Betty agreed to take me and she picked me up at ten a.m.

We found HOOK'S easily enough, and I bought two cushions, one for the right foot and one for my left foot.  I also purchased a pair of wide New Balance sneakers.    It's hard to find shoes wide enough for my feet, and New Balance has not been supplying the stores for several months, so inventory is low, but they had a pair in my size.   So, I purchased them, even though they were terribly expensive.

Betty wanted to go to the nearest J.C. Penney's to return a pair of slippers that she purchased.  While there, we looked around.  I noticed a table with long sleeved t-shirts.  I asked Betty if she needed any long sleeve t-shirts and she said no, but she picked out four, while I picked out seven in different colors.  They were eight dollars apiece, but she had her retirement card with her, which takes 25 percent off.  I also purchased a pullover sherpa top, and a pair of exercise pants.  With the clearance prices (on all items) and Betty's discount I got all of those items for $56.67.   My receipt says that I saved a total of $142.95.  All I know is that I now have enough long sleeve t-shirts.  I actually did need two or three but now I have an abundance.  


We had lunch at OLIVE GARDEN.  I had all you can eat salad, bread sticks and soup.  As usual, it was really good.  Then we headed back to Lockport.  I was thinking I needed a nap but since I had a Dr. Pepper, (full of caffeine and sugar) I really was not tired, so I finished up this morning's laundry and put on Season Two of THE SPANISH PRINCESS.  

New Years Eve supper with Peg and David was great.  David did the steaks on the grill.  He sauteed the scallops on the stovetop.  The steak was tender but I did not think it was very tasty.  The scallops were absolutely delicious.  We had shrimp cocktail, green salad, garlic knots and applesauce.  Everything was so good.  We had fruitcake for dessert.  It was the fruitcake I made a couple of weeks ago that I froze.   We visited for a while between supper and desert and after that too.  It was a great evening.  It was a little foggy during my drive home.  After getting into my night clothes, I went back to watching THE SPANISH PRINCESS.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023