Saturday, December 11th, EIGHTH FULL DAY of QUARANTINE

Last night before going to bed, I located candles, flashlights and matches in case I need them tomorrow. First thing this morning, before having breakfast, I went outside and prepared for the high winds expected later on today.  I put a few garbage cans in the garage, put two of them between the garage and Mr. Whalen's fence, secured lawn chairs and moved branches to a spot where they won't so easily be picked up by the wind and secured a few other things.  

I checked Facebook and it looks like the CHRISTMAS MARKET at Freedom North will still take place.  I hope everything goes well.  Peggy is going to purchase some food for me and bring it over.  

I finished watching CENTENNIAL on Hulu on my ROKU TV.  It is a really good 12 episode miniseries from 1978 and 1979.  Leslie recommended it.  I will have my free trial of STARZ (an add on to Hulu) for a few more days so I hope to find a few good movies to watch.  

I decided to do a load of laundry ahead of the storm.  I feel about 95% back to normal today!!!   

I saw on Facebook that my cousin Patty Daughtry's husband passed away.  Patty is my first cousin, the daughter of my mother's brother Gerald.  I called Becky to make sure she knows about it.  I did not get to know Patty when I was growing up, but I met her at a Bowler Family reunion a few years ago.  

Peg called to tell me that because we expect high winds this afternoon, the CHRISTMAS MARKET has been moved to inside of Freedom South.  She asked me to call Betty and tell her the exact time.  I talked with Elaine on the phone, too, and we agreed to go to the organ concert at her church next Friday.  

I started watching this movie:  

David brought over my fried chicken dinner from THE KITCHEN, one of the vendors at the CHRISTMAS MARKET.  It looks great, but I was not hungry yet, so I put it in the frig and will eat it later on.  Then I found this movie on Starz, but I did not like it, so I did not watch all of it.
Sue called for the second time--to tell me that a tree fell down (in the high winds that we are having) right int the spot where her grandson always parks his car.  He decided to park it in the driveway earlier today.

I watched the documentary HILLBILLY, about how people who live in Appalachia are stereotyped.   My fried chicken, greens and mac and cheese dinner was good, I ate about half of it.

I found this movie, it is a very low key western, based on a true story.
I wrapped a couple of Christmas gifts, one for Luis and one for Scott.  

The next STARZ movie I watched was a comedy/drama  HERE TODAY.  Actually there was only a little bit of comedy in the beginning and it gradually bcame serious.  ExcELLENT!
There is a funny line in this movie, when the main character goes to see his doctor and the doctor asks him how he is sleeping and he says "why sleep when you can stay up and terrorize yourself?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)