Saturday December 18th at Home

 In the morning I made fruitcake.  This time I substituted cider for water and added what was left of the cranberry sauce I made after Thanksgiving, and two small jars of maraschino cherries, along with the candied pineapple and citron.  

Peggy and David came over to install a new smoke detector and check the humidifier on my furnace.  I need to call Drum Oil on Monday and ask if they checked the humidifier when they were here for my yearly furnace cleaning and check. 

While here, Peggy tried a piece of my fruitcake and she loved it.  I also tried it and she is right.  It is absolutely scrumptious. I gave Peg a half of one loaf and a small fruitcake to take to Myrna since she was on her way to deliver a couple of frozen meals to her.  

Shortly after Peg and David left, Connie called. She is in Bassett Hospital in Delhi.  A couple of nights ago, in the middle of the night, her across the road neighbor, Pauline, woke her up screaming GET OUT, PROPANE.  Connie grabbed her coat and went outside.  I am not sure why an ambulance came but it did and she was taken to Fox Hospital in Oneonta and later transferred to Bassett Hospital in Delhi.  She has seen several people and she said they want her to go into an assisted care place in Delhi. Connie said that it is FREE.  I cautioned her against believing that because there is no way an assisted care place could possibly be free, and if it were, I have strong reservations about how good the care would be there.  I reminded her of the places in Oneonta that she could go to.  Hildy is going to help her look into them.  I shudder to think of how difficult Connie will make this process.

Peggy cancelled out so I called Vicky and asked her if she wanted to go to the fairgrounds to see the Christmas lights exhibit.  She agreed to meet Myrna, Betty and I at Myrnas place at five p.m.   I called Betty at four fifteen and she said we were on, so I got ready but she called at 4:45 and cancelled due to concerns about icy roads.  I was able to get hold of Vicky and caught her just as she was ready to step out the door.  

Anyways we agreed to try for Tuesday evening, and if that does not work, we will try for Wednesday. I decided to settle down in front of TV and found this movie, I missed the first couple of minutes.  

Later I watched BANISHED, a limited series on HULU.  

Becky called and we talked for a half hour or so.  She will be coming for Christmas dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024