Wednesday 12/8/21 DAY FIVE of Quarantine

I saw this recipe on Facebook (in the Old Fashioned Recipe group) and decided to try it since I had all the ingredients and I feel less tired than yesterday.   


Inn of Silent Music Bed and Breakfast
Tylerton, Smith Island, Maryland Heritage Recipe
SMITH ISLAND BAKED CORN
1 can cream-style corn
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 stick butter
1 can evaporated milk

Beat eggs in bowl. Add corn, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and cornstarch. Mix together, then stir in evaporated milk. Put in greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. 

I found CENTENNIAL on Hulu, I had to sign up for a seven day free trial of STARZ to get it.  I was not asked for credit card information but I think I should tell Christa and Nik about it, since it is their Hulu account.  Turns out Centennial is a mini series, 12 episodes.  

The Smith Island Baked Corn is very good.   If I make it again, I will cut way back on the sugar.  It is kind of a cross between a serving of a vegetable and a desert.  

I worked on the craft project that I started a couple of weeks ago.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)