Wednesday, December 22, 2021 I went to the PALACE again!!!!!

I did a few things around the house this morning, including chopping the onion and browning the ground beef for the COWBOY BEANS I will prepare for Christmas Day,  and made arrangements for Carrie to come home for a couple of days after Christmas and then went to Aldi's and Dollar General for a few items that I need. 


I met up with Jan at the Palace Theatre at 12:45 so we could watch the very old movie (1954) WHITE CHRISTMAS.  There were only 12 to 15 people at the most in the theatre.  I had never before seen the movie.  I enjoyed it.  I love going to the PALACE, because I spent so many happy hours there (mostly on Saturday afternoons) when I was a kid.   I didn't appreciate the beauty of the inside, with the murals, etc. then, but I do now, especially since it was recently restored.  

After the movie, I suggested we go someplace for a bite to eat.  We decided to go to SCRIPTS which is right next to the theatre.  I had a cup of soup and half of a club sandwich.  I was going to go to the library to read the current newspapers, but it was snowing kind of heavily and I decided to go straight home.  

I spent the rest of the day relaxing.  I read some of THE SISTERS BROTHERS.   I called Paula to wish her a Merry Christmas and ask how her trip to Las Vegas was.  Sounds like she had a good time. I happened to look out the front window around eight p.m. and saw a fellow shoveling my sidewalk.  It must be Chuck, who lives around the corner next door to Mr. Whalen.  I think there is about two inches of snow.  

I settled in to watch  a western SADDLE TRAMP (1950) on GRIT TV.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023