January 18th, 2022

 I called my plow guy this morning and he said would be here this afternoon.   It is four p.m. and I am still waiting.  Betty was planning on picking up spaghetti dinners for her and I at SOLID ROCK, but she called a few minutes ago and told me that her son in laws sister, Liz, is "imminent" meaning that she will pass away today.  Hospice is there (I assume the Hospice nurse diagnosed this.  Liz's mother, son and granddaughter are there.  Her brother, Scott, and his wife, Debby (Betty's daughter) are attempting to book a flight.   I got to know Liz during several drives to Roswell, when I went along in order to keep Betty company.  This is the only picture I have of Liz, taken in December of 2019 at the CONNECT Christmas event.  Liz is on the right, with Betty on the left.

Liz is around sixty years old, I think, and she lost her husband several years ago.  I once visited his gravesite with her and Betty.

I mopped the bathroom floor this morning and vacuumed the living room.  I called the eye doctors office and cancelled tomorrows appointment because I was not sure I would be able to get out.  (the city plow left a huge hill of snow in front of my driveway, and also when I can get out, I have to tend to having my tire pressure checked since a light came on this past Saturday when I was on the way home from the funeral. 

I ordered my free Covid tests from the government.  It was incredibly easy to do.  

Betty called me around five p.m. and suggested we go out for supper.  I didn't want to go since I had already taken lasagna out of the freezer and put a butternut squash in the oven, but she sounded a bit desperate.  She picked me up and we went to THE OLIVE LEAF.  I had the baked ziti, the portion was HUGE.   

Betty said that her daughter Debby and Scott are looking for a flight, hoping to get here before Liz passes away.  I don't think they will make it.  

My PLOW GUY did NOT come this afternoon.  Good  thing I cancelled my eye appointment for tomorrow.  As soon as he does come, I will get the car out of the garage and if that light is still on, I will call Beaumans or PepBoys and get the tire pressure checked.  

Betty called around seven thirty to tell me that Liz passed away.  She asked me to call Peggy and tell her, so I did.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024