January 19th, 2022 Mostly at Home and January 20th

 My PLOW GUY has not come yet, so I cannot get out of my driveway, so I decided to work on sorting through my closet and getting clothing I do not wear ready to donate.  I made some good progress, finding a LOT of items I never wear and do not need, and they are bagged and my closet in my bedroom is well organized with dresses and skirts at one end, then dress jackets, and then sweaters.   There are still a lot of tops (shirts) that need to be tried on and most likely I will end up putting them in the closet in Carrie's bedroom.

The hill between my driveway and the street was taken down around one or one thirty p.m. so I had a quick lunch and then opened the garage and moved my car out.  The CHECK OIL PRESSURE light was still on, so I called Beauman's, and they said to bring it right over.  Unfortunately, I could not gete the garage door closed, due to snow too close to the sensors.  I left it open while I went to Beauman's where they put air in all of the tires (no charge) and then I took a couple of overdue books back to the library.  When I got home, I worked on getting snow away from the garage door and got it to close.  I left my care outside since we are not expecting any snow. 

After I got home, I had a bowl of cowboy bean soup.  I had a headache, so I turned the phone off and climbed into bed.  I slept a bit.  Carol Dupre posted on FB that her uncle HARMONICA PETE passed away, he was 98 or 99.   In evening, I found this documentary:   


 An elderly nun was against the production of nuclear bombs.  She and two others breached security at a plant in Tennessee.   What they proved that security was quite weak at the  the Y-12 National Nuclear Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee – home of the largest U.S. stockpile of highly enriched uranium – in 2009,

January 20th Thursday

I met Jan at the Y and we did the SILVER SNEAKERS CIRCUIT class, then stayed for a half hour and did other things, and then met up at COUSINS CAFE for lunch.  Then I went to Niagara Produce hoping they had some lactose free milk.  I lucked out and purchased both regular and chocolate milk (two percent). We stopped at the front desk to ask if the craft class had been rescheduled.  It will be next Monday night.  I checked my calendar and there is a presentation at the PALACE that same evening.  I have to choose. 

Betty called and told me the time and place of Liz's memorial service, this coming Saturday.    I saw on FB that Michelle McKenica's father passed away.

I watched a few episodes of STAY CLOSE on Netflix, it is a limited series based on a Harlan Coban novel.  It is pretty good.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023