January 8th, 2022 Saturday at Home and Sunday 1/9

 SATURDAY:  I decided to NOT go to Pam Nimetz funeral.  I did not know her.  I think I only said "hello' to her once.  And under the circumstances, I think the family would only want family and close friends there, not people who didn't know her.  

ONE small MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!!!    I called a fellow from the local LIONS CLUB a few days ago and asked if they had any need for used wheelchairs and offered him THREE wheelchairs that have basically been taking up space in my apartment.  He came this morning and took all three.  He said they will not have any problems matching the wheelchairs to a person who needs them.  This frees up a little bit of room on my front porch, in Carrie's bedroom and on the deck off of my bedroom.  It is possible that a small chest in Carrie's room might fit into the empty spot on the front porch and that I might be able to bring in my roll top desk from the garage.  I will measure later on.  

I tried to reach Connie in the evening, but she did not answer.  At 9:30 p.m I decided to make a batch of egg custard.  


SUNDAY:   I picked Maggie up for church.  The service today was kind of subdued due to the two tragic deaths this past week.  Maggie, Betty and I went to the OLIVE LEAF for lunch.  Betty was planning on going to see Liz after lunch.  I had the feeling that she would have liked for me to go with her but I just did not have the emotional strength to go.  Liz's house is filthy and sells and Betty likes to stay a long time.  I feel bad because I know Liz has very little time left on this earth.  I doubt if she will be alive next Sunday.  

I tried to get the AURA FRAMES device up and running, but it appears that I do not have the right equipment.  Seems that it requires an APPLE device.  Megan wants me to return it, and I will box it up and take it to UPS tomorrow.

In the evening I talked to Connie on the phone.  She now has her mini-van at Hampshire House, and has a medical appointment in Oneonta tomorrow.  On PBS I watched the first episode of the show about the two Queen Elizabeths.   On ON DEMAND, I watched last weeks episode of AROUND THE WORLD In 80 DAYS, with David Tennant.


  He is SO good.  Then I watched the first episode of the new season of ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024