SATURDAY, January 22, 2022 Liz's Memorial Service

 Today was Liz Cloy's memorial service.   I was planning on going by myself until Peggy called this morning and said that she changed her mind and she wanted to go.  We arranged to meet up at PACKET BOAT LANDING apartments and leave my car there and go together to Middleport.  Our friend, Myrna, lives at Packet Boat and upon our return to Lockport we could visit her.

The Memorial Service was very nice.  Betty read the 23rd Psalm out loud and talked about how Liz asked her to read it to her when she was in the hospital.  She did an excellent job. There was a luncheon downstairs after the service and Peg and I stayed and ate with Betty and her daughter, Debby.  It was cold cuts, ziti, etc. and was very good.  

We returned to Lockport and visited Myrna for a half hour or so.  I took her two calendars, some cowboy bean soup, cookies, and a couple of other food items.  

I rested and snacked the rest of the day, and continued watching LONGMIRE on Netflix.  When I was in "isolation" with Covid, I started  watching westerns and asked for recommendations on Facebook and a few people recommended LONGMIRE.  Turns out it is a contemporary western.  Pretty good except I really do not like the female deputy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023