Sunday January 23rd and Monday, January 24th, 2022

SUNDAY:   Jan finally decided to try FREEDOM CHURCH.  She picked Maggie up (they live in the same apartment building) and I met up with them at church.  I introduced her to several people.  It was a tremendous sermon!  She signed up for the Seniors event next month PIZZA, PASTRIES and PAINTING.  

Connie called in the evening and we talked for a while.  She has decided to NOT stay at HAMPSHIRE HOUSE, and move back to her trailer in Mountainview.   Frank is going to find an electrician who is licensed and insured to check out and take care of any electrical problems there may be in the trailer.  I encouraged her to wait until everything is REALLY ready before moving back, including getting her appliances moved from the old trailer to the new one. 


MONDAY:   I slept late and returned to sorting through clothing.  I bagged up several items to go to the Good Will.  I left around 12:20 for the YMCA.  I saw Mike on one of the treadmills, but he couldn't hear me when I said "hi" to him, he must have had ear buds in.   I met up with Jan for the one p.m. Silver Sneakers Classic class in the small upstairs gym.  It was a small group, and went well.  Then Jan and I walked the track for about fifteen minutes.   Jan and I went to DENNY'S for lunch.  I had the salmon from the seniors menu.  It was really good.  Just before we left the restaurant we heard two of the workers discussing an accident on Transit.  We asked which direction it was in and they pointed to the way we would be heading.  Both of us decided to NOT go that way.  I drove through the WalMart parking lot to Snyder Drive and headed north on Locust.  Apparently, traffic was being diverted in that direction.  I made a stop at Molinaro's and and bought a cupcake.  When I got home, I called Jan and suggested that we cancel our plans to go to the Palace for the lecture and slide show tonight.   It was snowing all the way home from Denny's and it is so cold out. 

In the evening, I cleaned out two drawers in my frig and continued with organizing my clothing.  I have everything in three closets pretty well organized.  In the small closet between the living room and Carrie's bedroom, I have short sleeved tops.  In the closet in my bedroom I have dresses and skirts (not many) at the left end, overshirts, long sleeved sweaters (both pullover and button) and pants.   In my part of Carrie's bedroom closet I have warm winter shirts, mock turtlenecks and miscellaneous shirts. Behind Carrie's bedroom door I have short sleeved button shirts and several black pullovers.  I still have some slacks that I need to try on as well as a couple of black shirts that I need to try on.  I also sorted through a box of socks that I keep in Carrie's room.   I located my recipe for fruitcake which I hope to make soon.  I have all the ingredients except for cider, which I substituted for water the last time I made it.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024