Tuesday, January 25, 2022 and Wednesday January 26th

TUESDAY 1/25   

I went to the eye doc this morning.  I was there for about two hours. I made an appointment to have a minor procedure done on my right eye in a couple of weeks at the Legaratta office in Williamsville.  Basically, it is kind of a repair job on the new lens that was put in during my cataract surgery.  After this is done, I will get a new prescription for a new pair of glasses.

I went to Auto Zone and purchased a new bulb for my headlight and then went to PEPBOYS where they put in it.  I spent the rest of the day at home, resting and also continuing to sort through clothing somewhat.  I emptied the bottom drawer in my large dresser, mostly jeans, tried them on and added a couple of pair of pants to a donation bag and put the rest in the wash.  I think they have been in that drawer since I moved here in 2014.   


WEDNESDAY 1/26

I met up with Carrie, Sue Sprague and the physical therapist, Kelsey, at NELSON ORTHOTICS here in Lockport this morning.  The PT showed all three of us how to put the new AFO's on Carrie easier and quicker, and he also modified the top strap on the right AFO.  After that, I went to WalMart, hoping to find a Buffalo plaid spring jacket that Jan told me about.  I found it, but they did not have one in my size.  I bought a few groceries.  Then I went to the MAYFLOWER and ordered a meal off of their lunch menu. While I was waiting for it to be prepared, I went to Dollar General and purchased a couple of items.  

When I got home and went on Facebook and I found out that Pat Tomaino passed away.  She was an elderly woman who had Alzheimers or some other form of dementia.  Her daughter, Lynn, had been caring for her.  Pat went into the hospital about five days ago. Myrna said that she had cancer.  I had not heard about that.  

This evening was the MEMBERS DINNER


Peggy gave a short presentation about her CONNECT group.


and annual business meeting at FREEDOM CHURCH.   A spaghetti dinner was served, which was very good and then the annual meeting was held.  It all went very well.  

The funeral arrangements for Pat Tomaino were announced.  Sunday afternoon calling hours at Prudden and Kandt and the funeral will be Monday at ten a.m. at Freedom Church.  Ben and Craig will be away for a conference, so Pastor Wayne Dent will lead the service. 

When I got home, I called Marlene to verify that she and I will meet up with an AAA representative tomorrow morning at 9:30.    I also called TD Credit Card to verify that Home Depot did deposit my refund for the door that did not work out.  It was verified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024