Friday April 1st, 2022 and Saturday April 2nd, 2022

FRIDAY: In the morning I went to the place where I had my hip x-rayed and got a disk with the scan on it and a copy of the report to take with me when I go to the orthopedic doctor in a couple of weeks.  I read the report and it sounds pretty bad.  However, today my hip and leg feel pretty good.  Good enough that I decided to go to the Y and walk a bit.  I met up with Jan there and we walked (kinda slowly) for about fifteen minutes.  Then I decided to buy twenty dollars' worth of tickets for the basket raffle.  There isn't anything there that I would really like to win, but I wanted to support the Y.  I stopped at SUBWAY and used a coupon to get a six-inch sub for $3.49, took it home and had it for lunch.

Betty called and asked if I can pick her up at the airport a week from today at ten thirty a.m.  I told her that I have an eleven-a.m. appointment with Dr. Fetterman (eye check).  She is going to call a few other people.  I told her that if nobody else can pick her up, I will change the eye appointment.  

I checked the SWANSON website to see if I can get my Enzymedica products cheaper than buying them at FeelRite.  I could save about five dollars on the Digest Gold, but I am getting LACTO cheaper at Feel Rite than what Swanson charges.  So, I don't think I will switch.  

Peg called while I was out and left a message about possibly she and I going to the RUSTIC MARKET at the Palace tomorrow.  We talked later on and she told me that our Aunt Hiroko is in Hospice and she visited her today.  

I completed my homework for Tuesdays Life Group and found PERRY STONE TV and opened an account.  

I found BEFORE WE DIE on PBS and decided to try it.  



 SATURDAY:  I worked around the house in the morning, mostly in the bathroom, in an attempt to sort through stuff and get it better organized so things do not look so cluttered.  I watched some more of BEFORE WE DIE but then I found out that I would have to pay to watch the whole series!  

Peg and David came over and worked on shutting off the water upstairs and measured for new doors for off of Carrie's bedroom.  When David tried to put up a sensor that had been taken down, we accidentally ruined the entire alarm system.   We don't know exactly what caused it to short out, but it does not work anymore.  

When Peg and David were upstairs, I checked facebook and Barb Field had posted that her husband, Dan,


passed away, losing his battle with cancer.  Their daughter LaRae died (also cancer) about three weeks ago.  So much loss in such a short time.    I did not really know Dan very well, but he was a really nice guy.  He had to be to put up with all of the foster kids that came into their home.  He was also very active in the Pro-Life movement.  

When we were finished with the stuff here, David went home and Peggy and I went to the Palace for the RUSTIC BUFFALO ARTISAN MARKET.  It was very crowded.  We bought twenty dollars worth of tickets for the basket raffle and looked around.  There were a LOT of vendors there, and things were very well organized.   Neither one of us made any purchases. 

The basket raffle was in the balcony.




This is what I went home with:  the free bag I was given at the door and two free calendars.  

I uploaded the pictures I took to my ChromeBook.  After they were in my flickr account, while still I clicked on DELETE the pictures (from the CB not flickr) and then I found out that the memory card did not work any more .......  at least not in the new camera. I put it in my old camera and it works in there, go figure.  

I was watching TV when David called to tell me that he found a new alarm system on ebay.   He described it and I told him to go ahead and order it.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023