Iroquois Observations: Introduction to Wildlife Photography: Saturday, May 14th, 2022

 Yesterday, Betty mentioned a TULIP FESTIVAL in Holland, New York.   I looked up information and called her this morning to see if she wanted to go.  She said that she was planning on taking Myrna shopping.  So, I decided to go to the Intro. to Wildlife Photography walk on the Kanyoo Trail at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge which I had already signed up for several days ago (over the phone).

Eight people had signed up, but only me and three others showed up (Sandy, Laura and Jim).  Indeed, one of the group leaders, Orlando, was very late and then he could not find us on the trail, so we didn't even see him until about ten thirty a.m.  (The walk was scheduled to start at ten a.m.)

Everyone else had much better and bigger cameras than I had, but even so I learned a few things during this walk.  









The HIGHLIGHT of this walk was seeing the baby (Canada) geese.





Once at home, I had lunch and took a nap.  In the evening, I watched FREEDOMLAND, and straightened out the back part of my car, eliminating a few boxes.  Also, I spent some time figuring out the navigation system.  I had used it before but forgot a few things.

Betty called to say that she and Myrna had a great time today.  Myrna was energetic and enjoying every minute of shopping and having lunch at the AMHERST BUFFET.  Betty said she ate a LOT !!  We also talked about the horrible shooting in a TOPS in Buffalo.  A white supremacist killed ten people, all of them black and one of them a security guard and former cop.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023