July 24th (Sunday) Jordanville and Cooperstown and Monday the 25th Driving Home

 SUNDAY, July 24th:   

Mary and I went to Jordanville to the Holy Trinity Monastery.  I think we arrived shortly after the end of their Sunday morning service, as several people were walking around outside.  Mary and I quickly donned hats and skirts, which are required to go inside.  The monastery door was open and we went in.  There were a couple of monks doing things in the front of the sanctuary but they ignored us.  I took a few pictures.












We checked out the cemetery behind the church.





 and then went to the Russian History Museum. 


The gift shop and snack bar in another building had closed by the time we got there.  

Then to the BLUE MINGO for a late lunch/early supper.  We shared an order of three crabcakes and I ordered fish tacos.  Everything was good and it was so nice to sit right on the water.  We checked out Sam's Boatyard, and went to the MINGO MARKET, which is really a souvenir store.  I bought a bracelet to give Betty since she picked up my mail while I was gone. 

On the way home we got caught in the traffic in Cooperstown, but only lost about a half hour of our time.  Right after we got to MO's house a huge wind and rainstorm started, taking down a large tree limb in Mary's yard.   My complete set of pictures is in my flickr account which can be found here

. https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72177720300841852

We shared the piece of chocolate cake from Brooks dinner last night.  It was delicious!!!!!


MONDAY the 25th

I took some pictures of Mary's horses and the pond in front of her house this morning. 







I packed up and left Mary's house at nine a.m., taking her with me so that I could drop her off at BILL'S AUTO REPAIR so she could pick up her truck.  When I got to Morris, I turned right to drive on 51 up to Route 20, but without any warning or a detour, the road was closed.  I must have wasted a full hour of my time, but I finally got to New Berlin, and then headed north to Route 20.  I drove 20 until I got south of Weedsport and then I drove north to the thruway.  I stopped in Weedsport for a quick lunch.




I arrived home at four p.m. I immediately watered my front flowerbeds and then went through today's mail and then brought the rest of my stuff inside.  

It was kind of a whirlwind trip but I am glad I was there for Vera's wedding, and it was nice to get to talk to some of my old friends from Community Gospel that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024