SUNDAY, July 17th, 2022 OLD FASHIONED DAYS 2022 at East Shelby Community Bible Church

 My plans were to go to the early service at FREEDOM CHURCH, then work handing out cookies for the eleven a.m. service, but I had a terribly hard time getting to sleep last night and was up a few times to use the bathroom, so I reset my alarm clock so that I could get some extra sleep.  It didn't do any good, though.

Anyways, I arrived a little before ten thirty a.m. (way too late for the first service) and then I stood at the COOKIE TABLE


and handed out cookies.  We had three kinds to choose from, and everyone was allowed to take one.  It went very well.  I left when Peggy came back to put stuff away.

I drove to East Shelby where this event was held:  

I was able to park fairly close to WEST JACKSON VILLAGE, the miniature village across from the East Shelby Community Bible Church.   I called Betty and she was walking back from her car to the village and we met up quickly.  I had a hot dog, chips and a piece of grape pie!  Everything was one penny, but I paid more..  Elaine also brought us some homemade bread from one of the booths.  
There was square dancing and then patriotic singing in the small barn near where we found a place to sit. We sat at a table under a canopy, and three very elderly ladies joined us.  One of the ladies was expressing that she needed some water and I offered to go get a couple of cups of water for them.  When I returned, somebody else had already brought them cups of water.  Two of the ladies got into quite a heated argument about the water (I could not follow the theme of their argument).  After a couple of minutes of listening to them go at it, I asked if they are sisters, since they were arguing like sisters.  They said no.  




We walked over to a spot where horse pulled wagons were taking people to either the barn for a singing event or to a cemetery.  It was about this time that I decided to check my hip bag for my sunglasses and my phone.  I could not find my phone and decided I needed to find a place to sit down and take the contents of the bag out in order to make sure I had everything, so I told Elaine and Betty that I was going to skip the buggy ride to the cemetery (I did this two years ago) and check out the buildings I did not see due to being late.  I found a spot to sit down and realized that my phone was missing.  I located two men who appeared to be workers and asked if there was a "lost and found".  One of the men immediately asked if I was missing a flip phone.  He knew who had it and walked with me over to the barn and a fellow named Levi who was just starting to sing with a group on stage gave it to me.  I thanked both men and since I was close to the parking area where I parked, I decided to call it a day since it was SO terribly hot.  

I decided to take a different route home, and maybe explore a little bit.  I found myself in what looked like the Village of Shelby and recognized it from a time Betty was driving, so I drove down Main Street hoping to see something interesting.  There was nothing.  However, when I got back to 31A, I drove by an interesting building that I had seen before when Betty was driving, so I decided to stop and take a picture.  
It is just outside of a sign for Royalton, and just outside of Niagara County.  I wonder what it was originally.
I stopped at TOPS and got some eggs, toothpaste and bananas.  

After a nice nap, I found THE FROZEN GROUND, with Nicolas Cage, on Netflix.  It is a true crime story, about a serial killer, and how he was caught.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023