Sunday July 31st 2022 Church, Picnic, Supper with Peggy and David and Monday, August 1, 2022

 I left a bit early for church and dropped ice cream, hot fudge sauce,  applesauce and potato salad at David's house.   Church was good, it was the last week of "the movies".  The name of the movie was RISEN.  After the movie they were offering orderves in the lobby.  The orderves were not simple things, they were quite fancy.  All I could eat was the vegetables with hummus.  Betty, Jan, Maggie and I sat at a table together and then grabbed two more chairs so Ruby and Lynn could join us.  I think it was their first time at our church.  Ruby is a friend of Betty's son in laws mother, Lela.  

I met up with Dee, Robyn and Elaine in the parking lot.  Cindi was waiting for us to meet up with her INSIDE the church but realized she should go outside when she noticed it was ten minutes after one p.m. I rode to North Tonawanda with Cindi and Dee and Robyn rode with Elaine.  We found MAYORS PARK, the location of the graduation party that Lori Rivers was giving for her son Branden who graduated from Buffalo State recently.  Marlene met us there.

The party was a success, with lots of good catered food. 

 
Elaine and Dee


Robyn, Marlene and Cindi


                                                          Live DJ
                                                                Lori and Branden

When it came to leave, Cindi took Dee, Robyn and me back to Freedom Church so that Elaine did not have to drive all the way into Lockport.  She dropped us all off at the church.  Altogether, our group of Life Group ladies who went to North Tonawanda for the picnic numbered SIX:  me, Robyn R., Dee, Elaine, Cindi, and Marlene. I am glad we went.  I think it meant a lot to Lori.

I went home and rested a while before going to Peggy and Davids house.  The timer I set for 5:45 did not go off, and I must have dozed off and when I woke up it was six p.m. which was the time I was supposed to be at their house.  I was able to get there at ten minutes after six.  Supper was very good:  chicken and biscuits, corn on the cob, applesauce, potato salad and ice cream with hot fudge sauce for dessert.  

As we were finishing up, Peggy got a call from someone at the church because the alarm system was accidentally activated.  So, I got ready to leave so that she could go take care of that.

MONDAY:  after my chiropractic appointment, I picked Jan up and we went to the HOPE PROJECT at Eastern Hills Mall.  I found two pairs of jeans, one black and one blue, a pair of denin capris, a long knit navy blue vest and a pullover top.  Then we went to the NIAGARA EMPORIUM and walked around for a half hour or forty minutes.  That place is absolutely HUGE.  Then we went to FeelRite where I got some LACTO and organic conditioner.  On the way back to Lockport, we talked about stopping to get something to eat, but we didn't go by anyplace that looked interesting.  

I called Leslie in the evening, and we spoke for a while.  Her "spots" are starting to clear up.  She is in the middle of a course of steroids. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024