Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 Life Group and More and Wednesday the Fifth

 TUESDAY I attended the Ladies Life Group this morning.  It went very well, even though we were missing a few people.  Karen is travelling and Jan is not feeling well and Maggie depends on Jan for a ride.  After the meeting was over, four of us were discussing where to go for lunch.  I suggested CHIAVETTA'S, since yesterday I noticed that they have a nice seating area, with tables for six.  So, it was Cindi, me, Betty and Glenda who met there.  I did not want chicken (which is their specialty)  because that is what I had yesterday, but I saw the BEEF ON WECK meal for eleven dollars on the specials board, for eleven dollars, so I ordered that, it came with two sides and two dill pickle spears.  It was VERY good.   Before leaving Chiavetta's, Cindi and I discussed plans for our trip to Allegany. Cindi will bring green salad ingredients and chicken salad for sandwiches.  I will make a macaroni/tuna salad and baked beans.  We will leave around ten a.m. on Monday (I don't think we will really leave this early, but it is a good goal.

I decided to get an ice cream cone at RJ's before going home, since I haven't been there this year at all  I ordered a small dairy free cookies and cream cone.  It cost a little less than five dollars and was huge, so I could not eat all of it.  I decided to stop at the library before going home, but I drove right by it without stopping and decided to go tomorrow instead.  As I was driving past the parking lot behind the DALE ASSOCIATION, I saw Karen Ander walking north on Pine Street.  She was walking slow, and it looked like she was in pain.  I turned around and offered her a ride.  She accepted and told me she had been looking for Citizens Bank.  She said there was one downtown, but there isn't.  Anyways, from the direction she was heading I think she had given up on finding it and was heading home.  I asked her where home was, and she said Corinthia Street.  We went all the way down Corinthia Street to the end, looking for a red lawn chair that she had left outside of her daughter's house, but could not find it.  I finally parked and called Peggy since I thought maybe she had Karen's daughters phone number and/or address. Peggy gave me both.  The street we needed to drive down was CALEDONIA, not CORINTHIA.  Karen said she got confused because she lived on Corinthia at one time.  Anyways, once I had the address (129 Caledonia) I found the place easily enough.  It is an upstairs apartment, and I went up the stairs first to make sure the door was unlocked, and then Karen went up.  As I was getting into my car, a girl got out of a car parked next door.  I think she was driving a van that transports Medicaid recipients to and from medical appointments.  She asked me if I found Karen walking around and I said yes and gave her a brief rundown of what Karen told me, etc.  She said she is a friend of Karen's daughter who checks on Karen, and she was wondering where she was.  I asked her to call Karen's daughter and tell her that Karen is home safely.

I settled down in front of TO to watch an episode of Monarch, and then Marlene called to tell me that the re-enactment (I think she said civil war) was at six thirty p.m.  I guess I must have agreed to go with her to this event, but I had not written it down in my calendar.  I was feeling very "low energy"  so I told her I couldn't go.


WEDNESDAY I worked on packing for ASP while running the dishwasher and then the washing machine.  I wrote a letter to my step nephew Dominic and got it in the mail.  Betty and Elaine Edmister stopped by for a few minutes to ask if I have a CD player.  They wondered if the Farmers Market was open so I looked up info, and apparently, it is done for the year.  After lunch, I went to Rite Aid hoping to get some Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10, but they did not have any.  I checked at the High Street location and they did not have any either.  I took a short nap and then the phone rang (I forgot to shut it off) and it was Cassandra.  She wanted to tell me that a few days ago, she finally purchased AAA membership (it was her birthday gift from me) and today they had a flat tire and AAA came and put the donut tire on.  

I talked with Lori tonight about our upcoming trip and I talked with Myrna for a while, too.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)