December 29th (Thursday) at Home and Friday December 30th, and Saturday the 31st

THURSDAY: Sleeping in my own bed was great!!!  I slept a bit late and prepared ham and eggs for my breakfast.  I called Social Services about the notice I received early last week.  I spoke with a live person and was told that someone would return my call and help me figure out if I might be eligible for Medicaid now, based on the New York State 2023 budget, within 24 hours.  

I worked on laundry and dishes and made some baked custard.  I had a nice nap.  Someone posted this picture on FB.  

emergency snow dump at Central Terminal in Buffalo, NY

I got a LOT of mail today, most of it was junk mail. I paid a couple of bills.

In the evening, I called Myrna and we talked for twenty minutes or so. Her daughters and granddaughters are taking turns staying with her and helping her.


FRIDAY: I took a shower and washed my hair first thing in the morning. I called my friend Elaine and we talked for a bit. Pam called and we talked for a bit, and I suggested that we might go out for lunch. She agreed and said that she had a gift card for PANERA'S. I ran a few errands and dropped something off for Myrna before meeting her at one p.m. We had a nice lunch together. However, the prices have gone up since I was there last. Our two meals came to very close to fifty dollars. I had a FUJI APPLE SALAD WITH CHICKEN and TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI BOWL. Both were very good. After that we decided to go to the Y and walk the track. I think we walked about twenty minutes. I stopped at Aldi's before going home, in order to get a half gallon of milk. However, of course, I purchased several items. I was psyched to find lactose free cream cheese!!!! I also bought a pair of boots for twenty dollars. There is no place to try shoes or boots on, so I will try them, and I will keep them if they work, but I doubt if they will.

Later on: I think the boots will work and that I will keep them. I took out the fancy ribbons and am using a heavier cord. I talked with Connie on the phone and then with Peggy.

NEW YEARS EVE:  Saturday December 31st

I baked a pie and made rice pudding in the morning and puttered around the house.  I took a much-needed nap, since I did not sleep well last night and then got ready to go to Peggy's house.  I got there a few minutes before the appointed time which was five p.m.  David prepared the lobster and steak on the grill on his back porch.  I heated up the BOB EVANS mashed potatoes and we had croissants and fruit salad, also.  The ribeye steaks from Niagara Produce were soooooooooooooooo good.  We watched a movie, I think the name of it was SAN ANDREAS. 


 They both love it but I could barely tolerate it, since I don't care much for action movies. After the movie, they were debating whether or not to watch an episode of Shark Tank, but I said I was going to bed and they did the same a few minutes later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023