Monday, December 19th, 2022 and Tuesday the 20th and Wednesday the 21st

 MONDAY:   I kind of wanted to go to Millers today, but I realized that I will be out a good portion of the day tomorrow so I decided to stay home.  Peggy called around nine a.m. to tell me that our Aunt Hiroko passed away in the middle of the night.


She was so brave to leave Japan and move to the USA in around 1956.  There was still a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment from the attack on Pearl Harbor.  Two of her three children were born here.  I know the kids suffered some racism from other kids in school.  Peggy was aware of it, since she and Judy were in the same grade in school.   Even though my mother disliked her and made things hard for her, after my mother's funeral, Hiroko set up a meal here at my house for the family.  She had a good heart. I am glad I went to see her a few times after she moved to Hospice.  

 I baked a batch of cookies (cranberry, chocolate chip, oatmeal) first thing in the morning.  I puttered around, punctuated by watching movies on Netflix. I called my dentist and cancelled my January appointment and made a new one in March. In the evening, I started sorting through the clothing in Carrie's drawers, since they were just too packed full.  I bagged up several pullover tops to take to the HOPE PROJECT.

TUESDAY:  Life Group this morning was great.  We discussed our impressions of the series we just completed.  We went around the circle and each one of us told a little bit about how our walk with the Lord began.  Cindi had brought PULL APART CAKE (commonly known as Monkey Bread) and Karen had brought a plate of cookies, so these were passed around.  We were there for a full extra hour until one p.m. or a little later.  Betty asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch and I reminded her of the spaghetti dinner at Solid Rock.  I suggested she meet Elaine, Lori and me at three thirty.

I went home and laid down for an hour, and apparently, I slept for at least a half hour.  I got up and got ready and Lori arrived and came in for a few minutes while we waited for Elaine to pick us up.  Then we picked Sarah up and headed out to Gasport.  Betty met us there.  The meal was great!  I couldn't finish eating my desert.  Once we got back into Lockport and dropped Sarah off, I mentioned the Maple Street house and how well lit up it is, so we went to see it.  It was too cold to get out of the car, but I took few pictures from the car.




                                             I love this tree!


I called Myrna and spoke with her for a while.  The plans are for her to leave rehab. and return home on Thursday.  I also talked to Peggy.  We talked about the upcoming storm and how it might affect our plans for Christmas day.  If I lose power here at my house, they will come in their truck and pick me up and take me to their house.

WEDNESDAY:  in the morning I made a double batch of CHEX MIX.  In the late morning I decided to go to Niagara Produce to get some bananas and milk.  I also purchased scallops, lobster tails and ribeye steaks and I took them over to Peggy's house.  Those three items are for New Years Eve.  I also took over some Chex Mix and some Cranberry/Chocolate Chip/Oatmeal cookies.  Also, I took the bin of Christmas presents over.  I was really in the mood for a BEEF ON WECK, so I stopped at Wagners before coming home and purchased one to take out.  I only had to wait a couple of minutes.  I ate half of it for lunch at home.  It was soooooooooooo good. In the evening, I talked with Connie on the phone for about twenty minutes.  I am concerned because she does not remember things such as the British TV show DOWNTON ABBEY (she could not recall the name of it), and also she remembers me telling her things that I did not tell her.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024