SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

 I got to the church around ten forty a.m.   I asked Lou to let me in to the office area and he did.  I picked up the boxes of cards, list of names and the printed Christmas carols and then I went down to the basement and looked for the "sugars" for the tea.  I found a few.  Then I located the case of bottles of water, but it was heavy, so I located Lou again and he carried it to the kitchen.   Once I got back to the kitchen, I looked for more "sugars" but couldn't find any, so I went to the COFFEE BAR, and they filled a bowl with different types for me.  I got the silverware ready.  I opened up the packaging that held the tablecloths captive (I have had difficulty opening them in the past) so that they would be ready to go.  David and Jan both came at the end of the service.  Jan located the floral displays for the tables, and we started to put the red tablecloths on the tables.  By this time, we had a lot of other helpers.  They put napkins and plasticware at every seat.  David and I set up the RAFFLE.  Ginny Kirkpatrick had donated a brand-new air fryer and guests were allowed to submit a ticket with their name on it.  

The GIFT EXCHANGE GAME was kind of chaotic.  We sat in a circle and passed the gifts around, while Vicky sang Christmas carols.  When David said STOP, everyone opened their gift and if they liked it and wanted to keep it, they were OUT of the game, taking their gift with them. After a short while, things got chaotic, people were trading what they had, etc.  But eventually, everyone was satisfied with what they had and we finished up.   Karen and her husband won the air fryer, but they had already left, so we put it in the kitchen with her name on it.

  I only took a few pictures which I can post to both Peggy's and my flickr account.  













Lori came into the kitchen as we were closing it up and wanted to clarify what time we were planning on meeting to go to the Pendleton Methodist Church for their Christmas program.  I had to tell her that I was too tired to go.  I suggested she ask Dee, who was there, but I don't know if she did.  Marlene suggested finding a vacuum cleaner and vacuuming the room we had been in, but I told her that the church hires someone to come in and clean.  I will go in early on Tuesday to put dishes away in the kitchen.  According to the health department we are not allowed to hand dry them, we have to let them air dry. 

I stopped at Rite Aid and picked up my prescriptions.  I noticed that the gingerbread house kits were marked down half price and I tried to reach Lori by phone when I got home.  I was unable to get through, so I messaged her on Facebook.

I talked to Peggy on the phone and she said that now David is sick.  Since he and I had sat next to each other at the event, she suggested I get some Gator Ade and prepare to stay home for a couple of days. I found and watched a couple of movies on Netflix:   CAKE with Jennifer Aniston and PRISONERS.  After a few minutes, I realized that I had already seen PRISONERS, but I forgot how it ended, so I decided to watch it again.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024