Thursday December 15, 2022 and Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th and Sunday the 18th

THURSDAY There was a winter weather advisory in effect this morning, so I decided to NOT go to the Y for the Seniors Christmas event. Instead, I stayed home and made Chex mix and mixed up a batch of cranberry/chocolate/oatmeal cookies which I refrigerated. 

I picked Elaine up at about five twenty p.m. in order to go to the PALACE for a fundraiser event which included the movie WHITE CHRISTMAS.


:

  We met Nancy and Lori there.  I purchased twenty dollars worth of tickets for the basket raffle, and three tickets for the larger, more valuable prizes and I deposited them. We went upstairs to the balcony where they had snacks set up and were selling wine.





  Nancy purchased a bottle of wine. Elaine and Nancy got to talking with the woman who was selling wine, so Lori and I found seats in the balcony.  Lori felt uncomfortable in the balcony, so we decided to go downstairs.  We found seats and watched the movie. About two thirds of the way through, I used the ladies room and decided to check out the posted list of winners and found that I had won basket #40, which had been donated by a chiropractor. I picked it up after the movie ended.

After I got home, I checked out my basket.  It was really a nice, large sturdy Christmas bin.  There is an orthopedic pillow, a hot/cold pad, a Christmas throw and two spray items, which I think are pain killers.  I will have to read the labels to find out how to use them.  



FRIDAY:   I slept until a little after ten a.m..  As soon as I was dressed, I headed out to ALDI where I think I finished up my Christmas food shopping.  On the way home, I realized that I wanted some carrots and a salad from Niagara Produce, so I went there and also to the library to pick up the book THE RETURN by Dick Morris.

In the evening, I went to the Presbyterian Church for the concert.  I met Mary there.


  Gail and Bob were there, and we visited for a few minutes after the concert was over.  I called Myrna later on in the evening and we talked for a half an hour or so.  She WILL be home for Christmas!


SATURDAY:  I had just taken my refrigerated cookie dough (cranberry/chocolate chip/oatmeal) out of the frig to bring to room temperature so I could bake the cookies when Peggy called and asked if I would like to go to Harris Hill Rehab to visit Adele Luke.  I quickly said yes and changed my plans.  The cookie dough went back into the frig and I took my shower and washed my hair and got ready to go.  Peg called me after she had her hair cut and colored and I met up with her at FREEDOM CHURCH.  We decided to go to the OLIVE GARDEN for lunch before heading out to visit Adele.  We both had the endless soup, salad and breadsticks.  

We had a nice visit with Adele and prayed with her and then headed back to Lockport.  We stopped at the Amherst Aldi so Peg could get a couple of items.  I looked for this item but could not find any. 

When Peg was checking out, I walked over to Kaylena Maries Bakery but it was closed.  When I got back to Aldi, Peg had found and paid for three Little Debbie's, and she gave me one.  

I talked with Connie in the evening.  I also worked on Christmas gifts, did a load of laundry and sorted through a basket full of socks.

SUNDAY:  Betty called in the morning while I was getting ready.  She said she was not going to church, that she just wanted to stay home and be lazy, and she wanted me to make sure to tell Glenda and the others that she was not sick.  Church was good.  I picked up a Jr. Whopper and fries on the way home.  Took a nap in the afternoon.  I finished getting Christmas gifts ready to take to Peg's house on Christmas day.  They fit nicely into the Christmas bin that was used to make the basket that I won.  I have gifts for Peggy, Scott, his two daughters and his son Luis, and Kathryn.  I gave David his gift yesterday (a batch of CHEX MIX).  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024