TUESDAY December 13, 2022 and WEDNESDAY the 14th

 There were fifteen women at the Life Group this morning and we wrapped up the study we have been doing.  We decided to meet next week which will be our last meeting before Christmas.  After the meeting was over Karen, Betty, Lori, Glenda and I went to HONG KONG BUFFET, which is under new management since it reopened a few months ago, after being closed down due to COVID.  It was pretty good, although I think they have reduced the number of items they offer.  After that, I went home.  I took a couple of phone calls including one from my gynecological office.  I got the results of my recent Dexa Scan.  I called Pam and agreed to accompany her and Louise to see Christmas lights tonight.  Then I took a short nap before meeting up with Pam at her place. 

I called Pam before I left my house to tell her I was on the way.  Since we had plans to pick Louise up at six, I figured she would be ready and waiting for me when I arrived at about five minutes before six.  I waited by Pam's car and she did not show up, so I called her.  She said she thought I would come in. I guess I need to try hard to communicate my expectations more clearly in the future.  We picked Louise up and headed to Lancaster for this event:  Stony Brook Legendary Lights, formally known as Stony Brook Shines for Others, is officially back for a 15th year of lighting up Lancaster.  It was great!  I took a few pictures.











On the way home, I offered to treat the three of us to pizza.  We decided on Marks Pizzeria in Lockport.  We were the last sit down customers of the day since it was getting close to closing time.  Mark's is celebrating forty years of business and is giving away commemorative glasses.  We each took one. 


WEDNESDAY:  my plans for today were to stay home and make CHEX MIX and BUTTER TOFFEE PRETZELS.  However, I kind of thought it might be too early to make them, since Christmas is eleven days away, and also the weather today is cold but clear and tomorrow might be freezing rain and I might be forced to stay home.  So, I decided to go to WEGMAN'S to get the bread David requested and a few other items.  I left the house fairly early and headed out on 78.  I got the bread, some LACTAID cottage cheese and a few other items.  On the way back to Lockport, I stopped at the big NIAGARA PRODUCE and purchased a SUGARDALE HAM.  I dropped them off at David and Peggy's house, along with two containers of BOB EVANS Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes that I had gotten at Wegmans.  They were right next to the cottage cheese, Go Figure!!!!  Peggy and I like them and kids like them, and David's two teenage granddaughters might be with us for Christmas dinner. 

Peggy called in the evening.  She has her retirement date set, sometime in July.  The church will keep her on for eight to ten hours a week as Pastor to the seniors.  I am so happy about this.  We talked about Cassandra's upcoming wedding, September 3rd, 2023.  For sure, Peggy and David will go, and the three of us can go together.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023