Jan 19, 2023 Easy Bread Pudding recipe and Friday, January 20th and Saturday the 21st

 

THURSDAY:  I got up early to get ready for the day and to call Oxbow to find out the plans for Carrie's appointment. I met up with Zoie (the new Medical Liaison) at Cayuga Day Hab and the three of us met up at Mount St. Mary's Hospital.   Carrie had her arms and elbows x-rayed.   She did very well.  She has complained of some pain in her right arm and here primary care physician ordered the x-rays.  

When I got back to Lockport, I went to Rite-Aid and picked up two prescriptions and then to the library to pick up the book THE GREAT GATSBY.  I had lunch at home, and Peggy called, saying that she wanted to come over and look for something in the basement. I had a lot of LITTLE BAKERY bread left from the loaf I purchased at HOOVERS last week.  

  In the evening, I read more and watched an old episode of LAW AND ORDER:  SVU.  I found out today that Rene Bowler (Dan Bowlers wife) passed away at Lockport Hospital today.  She lasted about a week after Dan died suddenly.  







NEW BREAD PUDDING RECIPE 


  • 6 cups cubed stale bread 
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup (207g) sugar
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  1. Grease an 8×8-inch casserole dish and set aside.
  2. Cut bread into 1-inch chunks and spread evenly in the bottom of the casserole dish.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread, getting all the bread wet from the mixture.
  4. Let the bread sit for 20-25 minutes to soak up the milk and egg mixture.  It seemed to be a little dry, so I poured a little milk over the top. 
  5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Bake for 50-55 minutes. It should be jiggly, but set. The center should rise fully, so if it hasn’t yet, it might need a little more bake time. Remove from oven when done.

FRIDAY:
I stopped to get gas on the way to Cayuga
Day Hab.  I met Sue Sprague and Carrie there
and we headed to Buffalo General Hospital 
for Carrie's pre-op appointment.  We got
there easily and found a good parking spot.
We did arrive about five or ten minutes
late, but it did not seem to matter. 

Carrie had an EKG and blood drawn.  Both
went well.  We did some paperwork and then
went to another department where she had '
a chest x-ray.  She tolerated every 
procedure well.  

It was only a few hours, but it was a bit
stressful.  After Sue dropped me off at Cayuga
so I could get my car, I decided to treat myself
to lunch.  I chose HOOVER'S on Ward Road in
Sanborn because I knew they would be offering
fish since today is Friday.  I had a seniors
broiled fish dinner, which came with macaroni
salad, fries and coleslaw, and bread and butter.
The fish was excellent.  I even got ice cream
with this meal which cost about twelve dollars.
They did not have any lactose free ice cream,
so I asked for sherbert.  I only ate about a
third of what they gave me, taking three or four
Lactaid pills as I ate, but I did get a bit of
an upset stomach.

When I got home, I had a message from Peggy saying
she was taking Myrna to Millard Filmore Hospital since
she passed a blood clot and was bleeding.  I waited
several hours before calling Peggy to get the outcome.
Myrna was unable to get into Peg's SUV so Betty ended
up taking her, along with Myrna's granddaughter, Alyssa.
As far as Peggy knew (a few minutes before nine p.m.),
they were still at the hospital.

I finished reading THE GREAT GATSBY and watched a new
episode of DATELINE in the evening.  It was a murder case
in Rochester, New York.  I was really too
tired to do much of anything else.

SATURDAY:  I overslept a bit, but I had time to shower and get ready to go to FREEDOM NORTH for Ladies Prayer, which I think is a special event that has to do with the "fast" that many people in my church participate in.  I think there were twenty to twenty-five women, all ages, there.  Jenny led.  It was a very good time!  We broke up into small groups.  My group consisted of Bridget (who I am related to, but I am not sure how), Ruby and Lynn.  I decided to go home after that and spend the rest of the day at home since I will be out of the house much of tomorrow.  I decided it would be a good time to clean and organize the stuff on the top of the desk in my living room.  I did some before I tried to take a nap and some after.  I found the movie A WALK IN THE WOODS to watch in the evening.  

I decided to call Leslie but then I realized that since I cannot find my address book, I can't call her.  I emailed her and asked her to send me her phone number.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023