Monday January 30th, prepared PORK CUBE STEAKS and Tuesday the 31st

MONDAY   I went to the library and Niagara Produce before meeting Jan at the Y.  We walked a total of 45 minutes or so. We ran into Horace, Sarah and Carol Wilson.   I got gas at Housels before going home.  I had the piece of pizza (deep dish) that I bought at the Molinaro's place in Niagara Produce a few days ago.  I did not really enjoy it and part of it went into the trash.  All of a sudden after eating and picking the kitchen up, I felt terribly tired, so I found a podcast to listen to and laid down.  I must have fallen right asleep and slept for an hour or an hour and a half.  

For supper I baked a huge potato, steamed some broccoli (that I purchased at Niagara Produce this morning) and pork cube steaks.  I sauteed some onions, then I dredged the steaks in flour and Trader Joes seasoning and browned them in the same pan.  I lined a flat square casserole dish with foil and put the steaks in, with the onions on top, as well as some fresh mushrooms, a dollop of sweet pepper relish, and poured some apple cider over it all, and put in the oven for (I think) 35 minutes.  They cube steaks did not turn out as tasty as what I had hoped for, but they were tender.  

I watched THE LAST BUS 


This is a VERY good movie.

I called Elaine to confirm that I will be picking her up for physical therapy tomorrow morning a few minutes after nine a.m.


TUESDAY:  I picked Elaine up and took her to her PT.  While she was doing that I went to the YMCA and walked on the track.  After I picked her up, I asked her if she needed to stop anyplace to get anything and she said no.  After I dropped her off, I realized that I could get over to FREEDOM for the last hour of the prayer session that Mary had organized for today.  So, I decided to go.  There were five ladies there:  Mary, Vicky, Sue, Donna and Ginny.  After that, I went to Arby's and picked up some lunch and took it home.  After lunch, I called Dr. Kurbs office (he is my chiropractor) and asked if he might take me back.  He said yes and I agreed to be there in a half hour.  He gave me a "treatment" and recommended a video on YouTube that gives a three-minute exercise program for neck flexibility.  I wrote down the information.  When I got home, I called TOYOTA and made an appointment for an oil change.  I also called Univera with a few questions.  The main question I had was if I can really get a ninety-day supply of Viberzi, like another Univera associate told me a while ago.  The answer is no, I was given false information.  I was beginning to suspect that.  

When I got up from my nap, I saw that Becky had called.  I called her back and we talked for a half hour or forty minutes.  She is still somewhat stressed out about the upcoming funeral for Dan and Rene.  She is concerned that Rene's son (who is a felon, due to attempted murder) could cause problems at the funeral.  She said that the ladies of the church (Solid Rock) will be preparing and serving a meal after the funeral on Saturday.  

In the evening I decided to read more in my book


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023