Saturday the 14th of January and Sunday the 15th and Monday the 16th

SATURDAY:   I was still in bed, on the www, when I came across the information that the PALACE THEATRE is having a BOGO (buy one, get one)


sale of tickets to see the radio play THE GREAT GATSBY.  I was wondering if I should pursue this, since Jan had mentioned that she would like to see it but did not want to pay $28.00.  Peggy happened to call right then and after we discussed a few other things, I asked her if she and David might be interested in going.  We hung up, and I called the Palace to see if tickets could be purchased from the box office, while Peg discussed it with David.

  By time Peg called back to tell me she and David would like to go, I knew that Jan wanted to take advantage of the BOGO.  Peggy used her credit card and purchased four tickets online for $78.  Turns out the price Jan had was lower than the actual price.  We have orchestra seats, third row, right side in the middle.  I called Jan and told her the good news.  Both she and I owe Peggy $18.00.  I am pretty excited about seeing this:  

I found the 1976 version of THE GREAT GATSBY on Pluto TV and watched half of it.  It is really good.  Then I did about 45 minutes' worth of homework for the upcoming Tuesday morning Life Group.  I still have some to do.  

Earlier in the day, I put a meatloaf together.  After a late nap, I put it in the oven along with some baked potatoes.  It was a good dinner, the first meal I have cooked in a few weeks.  I have a LOT of meatloaf left so I will make meatloaf sandwiches and I might make a potato salad out of the three baked potatoes I have left.  

I called Marlene and she and I agreed to have lunch together at Arby's tomorrow after church, and we will discuss the possibility of taking a trip together later on this year.  

I watched a few episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU in the evening and then took a shower and washed my hair so that I won't have to do it in the morning.


SUNDAY:  Church was good, as usual.  After church, I met up with Marlene at ARBY's where we had lunch and discussed trip ideas.  We both like the idea of going to Florida to ST. AUGUSTINE, the oldest citey in the USA.  So, I will spend some time looking into possible arrangements, maybe going by Amtrak.  

In the evening I watched MISS SCARLET and ALL CREATURES on PBS.  I love both of these shows.

Becky called and she just needed to talk, so I gave her all the time she needed.   She is grieving the unexpected death of her nephew Dan Bowler. 


 She is still working on his obituary.  She and Dan's brother Steven will go pick up his ashes on Tuesday.  The celebration of life will be at SOLID ROCK CHURCH in Gasport.

Monday:  in the morning, I cleaned out the bottom of my bedroom closet, attempting to make room for my fiber optic Christmas tree.  I was putting several purses away when I decided to check one of them and I found the fifty dollar gift certificate for JB COMPUTERS, the one I won at the benefit for Jeff Smith.  I had been looking for it for several days.  

I called Myrna and told her that I wanted to bring some food over to her.  She had a therapist and a home health aide coming in and said she would call me when they left.  I packed up meatloaf, potato salad, peaches, fruitcake, and chocolate pudding and whipped cream.   When she called, I went over.  We watched a LifeTime movie:  THE GOOD FATHER:  The Martin MacNeill Story.   It was pretty good.  We had a late lunch/early supper together.  We had a very nice time.  I left her some potato salad, some peaches and a few slices of fruitcake.  

I was terribly tired when I got home, but I somehow got my second wind and watched a couple of episodes of a new show ALERT: MISSING PERSONS UNIT.  It is on FOX. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023