Sunday, January 22, 2023 THE GREAT GATSBY and Monday the 23rd (Apple Dutch Baby URL)

SUNDAY:  After church, which was very good,



Glenda and I had lunch at Burger King, we both had the $5.00 meal deal that has been advertised on TV:   Whopper, Jr. 4 chicken nuggets, fries and a drink.  I went home and rested a little while and then got ready to go to the PALACE for the radio play THE GREAT GATSBY.  I met Jan, David and Peggy there.  





     Jay Gatsby is on the right in these two pictures.  






 


David and Peggy sat up on the stage, but they were stuck back in the corner.  You can see David's head in this picture.







Some of the actors performed a bit before the show, as they entered the lobby.

I liked the DOORMAN the best!  He held the door open and welcomed people to the PALACE.

 



MONDAY:   First thing this morning I decided to use the pea soup mix from Millers that Peggy gave me yesterday, so I put it in the crockpot.

 I had my appointment at Great Lakes Imaging this morning to have a second Doppler.  The tech spent a long time and I had the feeling that she was looking for the clots, which she found.  She said I could be taking ELOQUIS for up to six months.  It has already been three months.  After I left there, I really wanted to go home, but decided I better bite the bullet and go to WalMart where I purchased a few items.  I stopped at Wendy's and got a Taco Salad and I had half of it for lunch.

I added a few items to the soup before I took a nap.  The soup turned out really good.  I had a small bowl for supper.   I talked to both Myrna and Elaine on the phone.  I will leave my house at eight thirty a.m. tomorrow to pick her up for her procedure.






I saw this recipe highlighted on facebook, it looks good and I might try it soon.  
https://alexandracooks.com/2012/10/21/big-apple-pancake/     It is for an APPLE DUTCH BABY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023