THURSDAY January 12, 2023 and Friday the 13th

 THURSDAY:  I met up with Jan at her place this morning so that she could drive she and I to THE HOPE PROJECT.  We went and each of us found a few items.  Then we went to Bath and Body Works.  I purchased a Christmas item on sale 75 percent off.  I think it is a candle holder, but I may use it for something else.  We were walking in the mall and noticed a place that interested us, so we went in to check it out.  A man named Marty greeted us and told us about it.  It is SLEEP IN HEAVENLY PEACE, an organization that makes beds for children who need them and deliver them.  They have been doing it for about two years and rely on volunteers.  












                        Marty showed us around.

    This man is talking to a school group who just completed a project.




On the way out, we stopped at a small shop called BOHO NOUVEAU, full of handmade items mostly jewelry.  Jan purchased a necklace.  







As we were leaving the mall, Jan asked me if I wanted to stop someplace else.  I asked if we could go to FEELRITE.  She said OK.  I bought LACTO and DIGEST GOLD, and Jan bought a couple of items.  Then she mentioned Wegmans and I told her that there was one item that I need.  So we went there.  I found my LACTAID Cottage Cheese and a few other items including a half turkey/avocado sandwich.

In the evening, I spoke to Peggy on the phone.  She told me that Ron and Vicky will be taking Myrna to her medical appointment tomorrow morning.  She also told me that the night before, none of Myrna's daughters or granddaughters could stay with her, so she slept on the couch because it is easier for her to get up off the couch, and she cannot get herself out of her bed.


FRIDAY:

I woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground.  I was glad that I put my car in the garage yesterday. 

First thing this morning Becky called, and we talked for about 40 minutes or so.  I should say she called.  she is very upset because Mike as well as the Niagara County Sheriff's office is not returning her phone calls.  On the morning Dan (her nephew) was discovered to have passed away, one of the sheriffs gave Becky his five firearms and asked her to take them home and take care of them.  Now she has decided that she does not want to be in charge of them because Dan's wife Renee's son is coming up from North Carolina and he is a "grand felon" and she is concerned about what he might do.  I told her to keep trying to get hold of the sheriff's office and when they come to pick up the guns, to make sure she gets a receipt saying that they were taken from her. 

In between working on my Bible study materials for the Tuesday morning Life Group I talked with both Betty and Peggy about various things.  I brought my car out of the garage because of my plans to go out at five p.m to meet up with Laura Vigliotti to celebrate Laura's fiftieth birthday.  However, just as I was getting into the shower around two p.m., Peggy called to say that Laura had cancelled.  So, I had a quick change of plans and found last night's episode of SO HELP ME, TODD and watched it and ate a Little Debbie Christmas tree and had a glass of milk with it.  

I tried to take a nap, but I don't think I fell asleep.  If I did it was for only a few minutes.  I put the car back into the garage.  My new boots from Aldi work great, they are so easy to put on and take off.  I doubt if I will wear the old winter boots anymore.  

I worked more on my homework for the Life Group on Tuesday.  I talked to Myrna in the evening.  She is really happy to have gotten rid of her brace today, but she still cannot get into and out of her bed on her own.  She was told today at ECMC that she already has Medicaid.  In the evening, after talking with Myrna, I found the docudrama THE GIRL IN THE BUNKER on Hulu. On September 6, 2006, the 14 year old Elizabeth Shoaf was kidnapped by artifice while walking home from school in southern California. Vinson Filyaw led her to a bunker he had constructed in the woods. Over the next ten days, Elizabeth was held captive and raped repeatedly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024