TUESDAY, January 17th 2023 and Wednesday the 18th

 TUESDAY:  There was a somewhat smaller group at the LADIES LIFE GROUP this morning.  Both Jan and Betty stayed home.  Jan has a sore shoulder and Betty just did not feel like going.  The group went well and we finished up around twelve fifteen.  Four of us (me, Karen, someone else and Cindi) went to COUSINS CAFE for lunch.  I had a turkey club and fries.  Both were good.  As we were finishing up, Becky Austin came in.  I motioned for her to join us, but she said she had to work on something so chose a different table.  I paid my bill (and also paid for Becky's) and joined her.  It was very clear to see that she was very stressed out.  I asked her if she had delivered Dan Bowlers rifles to the Niagara County Sheriff and she said that she had done that.  She was working on Dan Bowler's obituary, and she was very frustrated.  Her sister Betsey agreed to pay for it, but each word costs almost two dollars, so she wanted Becky to shorten it up.  After a couple of minutes, she asked if we could go to my place.  I agreed.  I pulled my car almost all the way into my driveway to leave room for her since the sidewalk between the two driveways is kind of icy.  When I got into the house there was a phone message from Elaine asking if I wanted to go to Solid Rock for spaghetti tonight.  I did not want to go, so I did not call her back.  

When we got to my place, we worked on the obituary together.  We called Betsey to get a last name..  We finally finished and I offered to type it out and print it out.  Becky approved it and my normally temperamental printer cooperated the first time.  Hooray!!!!  I put the copies in a folder and Becky said she was going to take one of them to the UNION SUN and JOURNAL (the Lockport newspaper).  Her plans were to meet up with a friend at SOLID ROCK for spaghetti. 

In the evening, I talked with Peggy on the phone.  She is going to try to spend some time with Becky on Thursday (her day off).  I also talked with Marlene.  She and I agreed to go to the TRAVEL CLUB MEETING tomorrow morning at the DALE ASSOCIATION.

I found the documentary THE HATCHET WIELDING HITCHHIKER on netflix and watched it.  

                                                           Very interesting!!!!!


WEDNESDAY:  I met up with Marlene for the TRAVEL CLUB MEETING at the Dale Association,  which was very good.  As we were leaving, I suggested that she pick up spaghetti dinners for us at Royalton Center Methodist Church and bring them to my place and we could have supper together and then watch a couple of travel shows about St. Augustine, Florida. She agreed and I gave her my donation money.  Then I went to WalMart to get a few items.  As I was walking towards the entrance I noticed several shoppers with carts full of food and other items that were not bagged. So, I went back to my car and got my bags.  I purchased more items than I had planned to get, so I was glad that I had my bags.

Marlene brought the dinners over in the evening and we had supper together.  However, my wifi was down so we could not watch the documentaries.  Right after she left, the wifi and ROKU TV started working.

I found Dan Bowlers obituary online, at the website of the funeral home that handled the cremation.  There were some additions made after I gave Becky what I thought was the final copy.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024