Tuesday January 24th 2023, with Elaine and Wednesday the 25th and Thursday the 26th

TUESDAY:    I picked Elaine up and we went to the Ambulatory Center on Sweet Home Road for her surgery/procedure.   After she registered, we had to wait quite a while until they took her in.  I read my book and had a snack while she was having the surgery, which I think took about an hour, maybe a bit more.  Then they called me into the recovery area.  We were in there about a half an hour or so, while instructions were given and Elaine continued recovering.  She was pretty woozy and felt like going to sleep.  A nurse helped her out to my car.  When we got back to Lockport, I offered to stay with her for a while.  She agreed.  I prepared lunch for both of us, and called her sister Marsha to report on the results, etc.  

When I got home, I had a message from Kayla at AAA and I returned the call and set up ten thirty Friday morning to meet with her regarding setting up a trip for me and Marlene to St. Augustine, Florida. 

I called Elaine in the evening to check on her.  She is doing well and does not have any pain to speak of.


WEDNESDAY:  I woke to it snowing and a prediction of several inches later on in the day.  I accompanied Carrie to her appointment with her primary doctor, Dr. Sauret.  We were a few minutes late and Dr. Sauret seemed rushed.   He said Carrie's chest x-ray was normal, but he did not have results of her EKG.  

I went to Aldi hoping to find the same dairy free cream cheese that I bought there a couple of weeks ago but did not have any luck.  I picked up my Viberzi at Rite Aid. After having lunch at home, I started to feel very worn out, so I laid down on the couch and read for a little while and then fell asleep.  At some point, Becky called to let me know the time and day of the funeral.  

I decided to not go to the dinner and business meeting at church, even though it stopped snowing.  I finished watching the episode of ACCUSED that I started watching last night and then found MIDNIGHT COWBOY on Hulu.  UGH, what a stupid movie.   Bob and I saw it when we were dating in 1969.  I thought I remembered it being somewhat of a comedy, but I didn't sense a bit of comedy in it this time.  Although Dustin Hoffman did a good job as Enrico Rizzo.

I called Elaine since I saw on my caller ID that she had tried to reach me earlier today.  She was looking for a ride to the surgeon's office.  During her first PT session, her wound started bleeding and the therapist wanted her to have it checked.  It turned out that it was only normal leakage. 


THURSDAY:  I met up with Carrie and Med. Liaison, Zoe at Dent Neurological for Carrie's ten thirty appointment.  It went well.  On my way back to Lockport, I stopped at the large Niagara Produce mostly because I wanted to purchase ingredients to make myself a sub.  I was finishing up my lunch at home when Peggy stopped by and we visited for a while.  I took a much-needed nap (about an hour) since I did not get much sleep last night.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024