February 1, 2023 and February 2, 2023 and Friday the third

WEDNESDAY the first:   I met up with Carrie and Sue at Oxbow.  We took Carrie to ECMC for her dental appointment.  Unfortunately, the parking lot was packed, in fact there was a sign saying it was closed due to being full.  We could not find a parking spot, so we left.  I attempted to call the dental office to let them know what happened but could only get a repeating recorded message, so I finally gave up on that.  When we got back to Oxbow, and Greg (house manager) was still there, I suggested that it might be a good time for him to show me the new house in Sanborn that they will all be moving into when it is finished.  We drove separately.  I used my real time navigation system.  I told the female worker that I did not want to drive on any expressways.  The original directions she came up with called for me to drive on I-90, and I said NOPE to that.  So she rerouted me.  Greg was behind me, but he quit following me when I turned onto Dickersonville Road.  Even so, he only beat me to the house by a second or two. I have never driven on Dickersonville Road before and I saw a couple of interesting spots that I might like to return to someday.

 The new house is huge!  Carrie's room is a good size, with a pretty big closet.  I know that Greg is very proud of the house since he had a lot of input into its design, so I asked a lot of questions.  I don't think there is any way that remodeling will be completed by the end of this month or even possibly by sometime in March.  

I decided to stop at HOOVERS for a quick lunch and then go to the Y to walk for a bit, but when I got inside Hoovers, and took my wallet out, I noticed that my two credit cards, my SNAP card and my library card (I keep them all in the same slot) were missing.  I thought that when I was rummaging around in my purse looking for my phone, I may have taken my wallet out and the cards might have slipped out.  I called Sue at Oxbow and she agreed to check the bus for me.  However, I found them on the floor of the back seat of my car.  


THURSDAY the 2nd of February

I went to the Y and walked and used the recumbant bike.  I think I did all that for about forty five minutes.  That is about all I did today besides pack a bag/purse for tomorrow when Carrie will have her procedure at Buffalo General Hospital.  It could be a very long day, so I want to have water, snacks and something to read.  I also spent some time on the phone with a SPECTRUM associate (Mimi).  Basically,  I think that that she fixed Spectrum's problems, that there was nothing wrong with my laptop or my Roku TV.    At any rate, things do seem to be fixed, and it will be interesting to see how long this lasts before I have to spend another half hour on the phone with Spectrum.

FRIDAY:  January 3rd

I had a hard time sleeping last night, it seemed like I had less than three hours of sleep.  I got up a little after four a.m. before my alarm clock went off.  I got myself ready for the day.  When I left at about 5;20 a.m.it was pitch dark.  I got to Oxbow at six a.m.  We left shortly and got to Buffalo General right around seven a.m.  Registration took a few minutes.  We were given a "room", which was really half of a room with a divider.  Between then and a few minutes before nine a.m. there were doctors and nurses in and out, explaining things and getting Carrie ready.  After she was taken to surgery, Sue and I went down to the SURGERY WAITING ROOM.  Peggy and Gail arrived after a little while.  It was really nice having them there.  A little before ten a.m. Dr. Tambar came in an told us that surgery was over and that she thinks the mass is benign, but we will have to wait seven to ten days for the result of the biopsy.  Two hours later she Carrie was done in the recovery room and back in our original spot.  She was quite out of it, but after a few minutes I was able to help her sit up and she ate two graham crackers and two saltines, and drank about a half a dozen sips of water and apple juice.  I think we left the hospital around one p.m.  When we got back to Oxbow, there were several cars parked in front.  Day Hab had been cancelled for the day, so some of the day hab workers were at the house.  Christa Turk (the nurse) prepared lunch for Carrie.  I met a new employee.  I was really tired so I only stayed a few minutes.  All the way back to Lockport, I debated what to do about getting something to eat.  I had only eaten a couple of small snacks while at the hospital.  I made a wrong turn and did not go through Wrights Corners where there are a few restaurants.  I had pretty much decided to make a cold cut sandwich when I got home when I remembered that BABY RIBS on Charlotte Street had recently opened.  I have wanted to try something from there since I heard it opened.  I was the only customer (about 2:45) and I ordered a fish fry which came with two sides and cornbread.  I also ordered peach cobbler.  I took it all home and ate it while watching KEEP BREATHING, a new series that I found this morning before I left.  

Leslie called in the evening and we talked for a while.  She is making plans to go to North Carolina to see her brother in early May.  I felt tired but not sleepy for the rest of my day.  I basically wasted the rest of the day watching TV:  the Netflix series KEEP BREATHING, which started out good, but switched to a lot of kind of supernatural stuff.  And, SO HELP ME TODD................the most recent episode ON DEMAND.  It was really good!!    

At eight thirty p.m. I settled myself in my recliner while listening to a podcast.  Myrna called, but I did not have the energy to pick the phone up, so she left a message.  I will call her tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024