Saturday 2/18/23 BEATLEMANIA NOW !!!!! and Sunday 2/19 PIZZA, PASTRIES and PAINTING

 In the morning I worked on trip plans and made

reservations for the last night of the April trip

that Marlene and I will be taking.  I also watched

a Jimmy Stewart movie and worked on sorting through

books and choosing which ones to pass on.  Then I

took a nap.


When I got up, I saw that Cindi had been trying to

reach me, so I called her.  She said she had two

tickets for Beatlemania at the Palace tonight at

eight p.m. that she wanted to pass on.  It was a

little past six at this time.  I told her I thought Jan would like to go and I called Jan.  She had just gotten home from spending the day with her son, Michael and was kind of tired but she said she really wanted to go, so we arranged to meet at the Palace.  I called Cindi back and told her, and she agreed to bring the tickets over.  I just had time to choose an outfit, take a shower, get dressed, prepare supper and eat it and get the car out of the garage before it was time to leave, so I am really glad Cindi said she could bring the tickets over.

I thought I was leaving in plenty of time to get a good parking spot BUT I had to park up in the Walnut Street parking lot in the farthest row of cars.  I am glad the sidewalks did not have snow or ice on them.  I met up with Jan inside the theatre.



The show was GREAT.  This particular show has come to Lockport for twenty five years.


  Jan has seen it before but it was my first time.  I loved it!!!!  Almost every seat was taken! On our way out they were giving away bags of popcorn, apparently, they had made too much!

SUNDAY February 19
Church was great.  After the service, we had a seniors (CONNECT) event called PIZZA, PASTRIES and PAINTING. 

  It went very well, after our lunch, Maggie Tagg led us in rock painting. 
  Ruby and Lynn seemed to be enjoying this activity.


It appeared that everyone who stayed for painting was enjoying the process.  I took several pictures.  I got home at three p.m. and after I changed into my pajamas, I fell into bed and was asleep within a few minutes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024