Week of February 20th, 2023

 MONDAY:   I created a recipe. I peeled and sliced two apples, covered them with apple cider in a heavy pan. Brought the liquid to a boil and then placed dumplings on top (I used Bisquick), I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top and then simmered uncovered for ten minutes and then simmered covered for ten minutes. Scooped out a serving containing apples and dumpling and spooned some liquid over the top. I had this for breakfast, but I think I will serve it for desert later on this week when I have company. It is very good! A true comfort food. I think I will use three apples next time.

 I met up with Jan at around ten a.m. at the Y and we walked the track for an hour, but that includes breaks to rest.  The Y was crowded this morning, and there were some kids there, since today is PRESIDENTS DAY and school is closed.  While at the Y, both Jan and I signed up for the TEA AND PAINTING class on March 9th.  After that, I went to Walmart to get a few groceries, mostly stuff I want for Thursday afternoons late lunch/early supper with Becky and Peggy.  When I got home, there was a message from Marlene asking if I can pick her up at HILLMANS in the morning and take her to FREEDOM for the Life Group.  I called her back and told her I can.  I will go to the STABILITY class at nine a.m. and then pick her up.

In the evening, I learned that my stepbrother Jeff Smith has entered hospice care.  He has colerectal cancer.  I never really got to know him.  Dad married his mother, Martha, in 1985 when Christa was a baby.  Jeff was just finishing high school and getting ready to go into the military.  His three older siblings are heartbroken.  I saw all four of them a few months ago at the fundraiser for Jeff. 

TUESDAY:  I made it to the Y for the nine a.m. STABILITY class, which went well.  We did some different things, including using some slidy frisbee shaped things.  Then I picked Marlene up at HILLMANS and we went to the Ladies Life Group.  I think Cindi was disappointed with the poor turnout.  I think there were eight of us.  She took orders for THE MAYFLOWER, where she planned to pick up lunch.  I had to leave at 11:30 to meet up with Carrie and Sue at Cayuga Day Hab. We met the nicest couple in the waiting room.  They live in Limestone, New York, right outside of Allegany State Park.   Carrie's appointment with Dr. Tambar went well.  She gave us the good news that the biopsy results all came back negative/benign, and she looked at the healing incision.  Sue dropped me off at Day Hab, where they were loading up the other buses.  

I stopped at SUBWAY in Sanborn on the way home and bought a SUBWAY CLUB, which I ate at home.  I was pretty worn out, so after lunch I collapsed on the couch with the TV on, listening to Andrew Klavan.  Betty called and woke me up.  She was wondering if I was going to go to SOLID ROCK for spaghetti, and I told her I was not.  In the evening, I talked to Peggy on the phone.

WEDNESDAY:    I went to the Y and met up with Jan, we walked about a half hour, maybe more.  We ran into Lynette Beltrano, her daughter Laura and Laura's sons Anthony and Tyler. Jan knew Lynette and Al from her time at the Warrens Corners Methodist church.  Before going home I picked up ribeye steaks at Niagara Produce.  David came over to add a couple of items to my alarm system and then he took me to their house where I spent the night.  We had a very good steak with mushrooms dinner, baked potatoes, corn, cornbread, and scallops, with strawberry rhubarb pie for desert.  We watched an episode of DOWNTON ABBEY in the evening.  I did not sleep very well, my room may have been too hot.  Also, David heard a strange noise in the night, and when he went to check, he called out to me "are you OK, Carolyn?" and that woke me up.

THURSDAY:   Peggy and I prepared a BRUNCH of oatmeal/banana casserole, fruit, and corn muffins, and bacon.  Peg and David worked on cleaning up their driveway.  They took me home around noon or so, before they went to the post office.  Basically, I wasted the rest of the day, reading and napping and watching TV.  

FRIDAY:  I slept pretty good last night in spite of having a bunch of strange dreams.  I puttered around in the morning and made meat loaf.  I called Becky to see if she wanted to come for supper today, but she said no.  We agreed to next Thursday.  I called Jan and we agreed to meet up at the Y at noon.  She was a few minutes late due to having to scrape snow and ice off of her car.  We walked for about forty minutes.  On the way home, I stopped at Arby's and picked up lunch, which I ate at home.  Then I rested a bit before going out to break up some ice between my car and the steps up to my front porch.  Then I found a movie on HULU, with Nicolas Gage, but the acting was not all that good.  (INCONCEIVABLE).   Then I worked on my homework for the next Ladies Life Group, for close to an hour.  I still have a lot to do.

SATURDAY the 25th:  In the morning, I made baked custard, vacuumed, did a load of laundry and started getting things ready for a late lunch with Marlene.  I met up with Cindi, Karen and Shirley a little before noon at the church and we all went to THE REGAL to see the movie JESUS REVOLUTION.  It was great!  This is a scene from the movie.


Marlene and I had planned to go to my house for a late lunch and to discuss our trip plans, but Cindi suggested that the three of us go out for a late lunch.  We ended up at Denny's, where we all had the salmon off of the seniors menu.  I spent the rest of the day watching old episodes of LAW AND ORDER: SVU, snacking, and working on my homework for the Ladies Life Group.  I called Myrna since we have not talked in a while, but her brother and sister-in-law were visiting and she could not talk.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023