Week of Sunday February 26 through March 4th, 2023

SUNDAY February 26th:   I had a heck of a time getting my garbage can out of  the snow and ice and moving it to the front yard so that I could put it out to the curb later on.  It was a comedy of using salt and a walking stick and bringing my car as close as I could to where the can was, but I was able to do it!!!!  I left for church a little earlier than usual, but the front parking lot was already full when I got there.  Church was really good.  After it was over, I asked Marlene if she wanted to join me at my place for lunch and to discuss our trip plans.  We had lunch and looked at trip ideas, maps and a couple of videos on youtube.  After she left, I took a nap.  I prepared peach dumplings and had them for supper.  I talked with Myrna on the phone for a while.  I found the movie SIDE EFFECTS on netflix. 

This is a poster for Side Effects.
The poster art copyright is believed to belong to Open Road Films.  Then I watched another movie, but I can't remember the name of it.  


MONDAY the 27th     I was just going out the door to go over and take care of Petra before going to the Y when Peggy called.   They did not leave yesterday as they had planned to (and told me), they had just left the house, so I did not need to go over and take care of Petra.   Since I had extra time, I decided to go to TOPS to get some LACTAID cottage cheese.  However, they did not have any.  I did get a few groceries, though, and left them in the car while I went to the Y, where I met Jan.  We walked for an hour, but that included a few breaks. We also checked out the basket raffle.  There are a couple that I like, so next time I go, I will take some money so I can buy tickets.  Before going home, I went to NIAGARA PRODUCE and got a couple of items.  When I got home, I prepared a sirloin burger and had it on a weck roll.  I was picking up the kitchen after lunch when I started to feel terrible.  Mostly, it was an exhausted feeling since I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night.   So, I started my nap early.  I slept at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half.  When I got up, it was snowing heavily so I put the car in the garage. For supper I prepared rice, broccoli and added the sliced steak that was left over from dinner with Peg and David the other night.  After supper, I started gathering items for doing my income tax.  A few minutes before eight p.m., Connie called, but I told her I wanted to go and watch one of my favorite shows and maybe we can talk tomorrow evening.  She is expecting a storm, and that her power might go out, so she is carrying a flashlight in her apron pocket.  

TUESDAY the 28th
I went over to take care of Petra before going to FREEDOM for the Ladies Life Group.  It went well and five of us (me, Karen, Donna, Glenda and Cindi) went to Chiavettas for lunch.  We had a good time.  Donna told us some stories from her past, when she was just out of high school she got a job at a prison.  A prisoner drew a picture of her and gave it to her and she got into trouble for that.  Also, she made a stink when he found out that they were supposed to be having periodic fire drills and they were not having them.  She got mad and picked up a chair and threw it, and then she quit her job.  I went to Aldi's on the way home to get bagels.  I ran into Elaine there and we chatted a bit.  

Wednesday, MARCH 1st   I took care of Petra before going to the Y to meet up with Jan.  She was a bit late.  Her daughter Kelly joined us.  I left the Y at about 11:20 to go to Cayuga, where I met up with Carrie and Sue.  We went to her orthopedic appointment.  She was given a cortisone shot in her right shoulder.  On the way home, I stopped at HOOVERS for lunch.  I was disappointed in both items I ordered: a Cuban sandwich and coleslaw. When I got home there was a voice mail from Peggy, so I called her back.  It was about a delivery of packages.  I laid down on the couch to rest for a while.  I called Becky to find out if she still plans to come tomorrow.  She said she is planning to.  I started preparations for the meal tomorrow.   I found the movie THE PLEDGE with Jack Nicholson in it.  I continued watching it even though I realized that I have already seen it.

THURSDAY March 2nd    The only places I went today were to Peg's house to take care of Petra and to the library to return a book for her and pick up two that they had for me. While I was parked at the library, I walked over to the Cornerstone Arena to check out the new PAPA LEOs location.  They were not open, but a guy there offered to make me some popcorn.   I spent the morning working on dinner for Becky and I.  She arrived a little before four p.m. and we sat down to dinner about a half hour later.  I served bbq pork ribs and meatloaf, mashed potatoes, pea salad, wild berry muffins and we had bread pudding for dessert.  Becky raved over the mashed potatoes, so I gave her the rest to take home, along with leftovers of everything else.  I didn't tell her that the potatoes were BOB EVANS!!!  Oh!   I finished boxing up the care package that I will send to Leslie.  It is all wrapped, labelled and ready to go.  It has a hodge podge of items in it.  I should have taken a picture of the contents. 

FRIDAY:  I got plenty of sleep last night, but in three shifts and with strange dreams. Becky called pretty early and asked if she and I can go geocaching sometime soon.  I told her that we can, when the weather is better.  I got ready for the day and headed out, first to the Post Office to mail Lesley's "Care Package".  It cost ten dollars.  Then to take care of Petra.  The carpenter and a friend of his were at Peggy and Davids house.  They had all sorts of stuff and equipment in the way making it impossible for me to get into the kitchen until they moved a HUGE wet'/dry vacuum.  I did not see Petra anywhere, apparently, she does not like the carpenter, so she hides when he comes in.  Then I went to the GOOD WILL since I had extra time before meeting up with Jan at the Y.  I found a nice BUFFALO PLAID vest for six dollars.   Then I met up with Jan at the Y, where we walked the track for about forty minutes, which took us close to an hour, due to needing breaks.  When we were done, I asked her if she had time for a quick lunch, and we agreed to meet at Wendy's.  When I got home, I took the sheets off of my bed because I wanted to wash the new vest.  I also straightened my bedroom up a bit.  I started watching HALLELUJAH:  LEONARD COHEN, a Journey, a Song.  Actually, it is a documentary.  I didn't watch the whole thing.  Peggy called in the evening.  I worked on my homework for Tuesdays Life Group.

SATURDAY MARCH 4th 
After breakfast I started to work on organizing my paperwork in order to have my income tax done.  I have an appointment at the Dale coming up.   Also, I called Elaine and told her about the St. Patricks Dinner at All Saints a week from today.  She wants to go and suggested we ask Sarah and Nancy.  So, we did and the four of us will go together.  I made reservations over the phone for the four of us.  I went out and shoveled snow just beyond the bottom step of the porch steps, so that I can easily get out and so can the mailman.

I was in the mood for pizza, so I called Myrna and arranged to bring one over to share with her.  After I took care of Petra, I ordered one from Papa Leo's and picked it up.  Myrna and I watched the latest episode of ALASKA DAILY and then a Lifetime true crime movie, something like TWELVE DANGEROUS HOURS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023