Sunday June 11th through Saturday June 17

SUNDAY:  Church this morning was great!  The theme was JUDGING.  

Pastor Craig used a real log to demonstrate the "log in your own eye".  After church, I went to lunch at LaPorts with Betty, Glenda and Jan.  I had the small turkey dinner and brought some of it home.  I rested in the afternoon.  I called Myrna in the evening and we talked for about a half an hour.  I also called Betty and asked if she would like me to go with her tomorrow morning when she will have some tests at Mt. Saint Mary's Hospital.  She said no. I tried to reach Connie by phone, but I got her answering machine and left her a message.  I put a lot of clean laundry away, some of it has been sitting on Carrie's bed for over a week.  I wrapped and addressed the book that I am sending to Connie.

MONDAY:  I slept pretty good last night.  I got a birthday card for Leslie ready and put it in my mailbox.  I took the book/package to the Lockport Library and mailed it to her.  She should get it in four days.  Then I went to WalMart and purchased several non-perishable items.  Then I went to the Y to meet up with Jan.  I got there early so I used the recumbent bike a bit.  Jan and I waited for Breanna, who is the leader of the walking club.  We finally gave up on waiting and started walking.  She appeared around 12:30  (the group is scheduled to start at noon) but was having a conversation with someone.  She called out to Jan and I that she would be with us soon, but she continued her conversation.  Basically, she never took charge.  Jan and I walked until we got tired and then left.  I went to Aldi's to get milk, and found a few other items I can use.  When I got home, I made myself a FLUFFER-NUTTER.  It was so good.  I napped in the afternoon.  I talked to Connie on the phone.  I tried to reach Betty, but I got her answering machine.  I prepared a chicken cacciatore casserole for my supper.  I found the movie THE FROZEN GROUND, with Nicholas Gage and watched it.  I talked with Mr. Whalen on the phone.   Unfortunately, Angela got poison oak while trimming the bushes between our houses, and had to go to both an Urgent Care and a dermatology clinic.  

TUESDAY June 13th:   Life Group was very good today, I think eleven women were present.  We only have one more lesson to complete (one more week) before we shut down for the summer.  Next month after we finish our lesson, we will go to the home of Pat Peller and her daughter Abby for worship and a luncheon.  Five us went to WENDY's for lunch, me, Cindy, Elizabeth, Karen and Glenda.  Cindi asked me if I want to go out for lunch with her and Jen tomorrow, at the Cheesecake Factory.  I will meet up with her at 11:15 at the church and she will drive.  Before going home, I stopped on the Pine Street Bridge to see what was going on at the LOCKPORT CAVES.  There are all sorts of rescue and investigation vehicles around, and people in and out.






  All of the rescuing was completed yesterday, after the boat upended, and one person was trapped beneath it and died.  I suspect the attraction will be closed for quite some time, during the investigation and maybe some structural changes and improvements are done. Then I went to the library to read todays paper. I rested at home in the afternoon but I could not fall asleep because of having Dr. Pepper with my lunch.  I talked to Leslie on the phone and wished her a Happy Birthday.  Pam called to tell me more about tomorrow nights event.

WEDNESDAY:  I had an early gynecological appointment.  It went well and from there I went to Dr. Kurb's office for my adjustment/treatment.  I had a little bit of extra time before I had to meet up with Cindi, so I went to TOPS and picked up a few items that I needed.  Then I met up with Cindi and we went to CHEESECAKE FACTORY to meet up with Jen.  We had a nice lunch together.  When we got back to Lockport, I had some free time, so I went home and rested a bit, and also looked in Peggy's Amish shed for four plastic lawn chairs she thought were in there.  They were not in there.  I called Peg and told her.  Then I picked up Jan so we could go to the STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL

Becky and Lori were there, so I suggested the four of us sit together while we had our strawberry shortcake.  After that, I bought one sheet of tickets and deposited them in various baskets.  Jan and Lori did the same.  Becky had done two sheets.  Then we went into the sanctuary for the two short concerts.  LOCK CITY SOUND




and THE LOCKPORT CHORALE.











Louise and Marsha were there, too, and we all sat together.  It was a nice evening. 

Before going home, I dropped off the fifty dollar check for what I owe to my neighbor, Dick Whalen.  He was, obviously, ready for bed but we chatted for a few minutes.

THURSDAY:  I had planned to meet up with Jan at the Y today in order to walk the track, but her asthma was acting up, so she did not want to go.  I stayed home.  I did a few small jobs around the house.  I talked with Peggy on the phone a couple of times.  I went to the ALLIANCE Church for the Carenet basket raffle and chicken dinner.  I spent forty dollars on tickets for the baskets. 

There was only one item that I liked: a Vera Bradley purse, but I put tickets in for other items, too, mostly stuff that I would give to Cassandra as a wedding gift.  Peg, David and I sat at a picnic table with Jim and Sue Christie while we ate our dinners.  Jan joined us.  We had a nice visit.  Before going home, I stopped ate the library to read todays newspaper.  I ran into Betty there and we talked for a few minutes.  When I stepped in my front door, the phone was ringing and it was Connie.  She received the book I sent her, and she loves it.  Also, she finally has all of the organic bedding items so that she has started sleeping in her organic bed.  Personally, I think this is a little bit nutty, but I won't tell her that.  

I found the movie NEWS OF THE WORLD on freevee.
I saw it in Hilton Head last time I went and liked it.    Tom Hanks is so good in this movie, and so is the young girl.

FRIDAY the 16th of June:  I went to bed early last night because I was feeling a bit "punky".  the punkiness must have been due to tiredness since I fell asleep within minutes.  Because of that, I was awake in the middle of the night.  Cindi messaged me that she is very interested in going to the 1000 Islands.  I had told her about Pam cancelling after I made lodging reservations.   So this short trip might happen.  

Although I did not at all feel energetic, I met up with Jan at the Y for the noon walking club.  Once again, the groups leader, Breanna, did not show up.  I walked with Jan for about as long as I felt I could, I just had NO energy at all.  I went to LKPT ENERGY HOUSE and purchased a BUCKEYE shake before going home.  It was absolutely delicious.  I was in the mood for a hot dog, and considered going to REID'S but decided not to.  I took a nice afternoon nap and felt pretty good when I woke up.  I had a turkey sandwich for supper.  Then I cooked up the pound of bacon to go in the baked beans I will make tomorrow morning.  I found the movie THE WHOLE TRUTH.  I cooked up the bacon which I will need tomorrow morning for the SUE AND GLORIA'S BAKED BEANS that I will be making for the "cousins picnic" tomorrow afternoon, at Peggy's house.

SATURDAY June 17th.  I went to bed a bit earlier last night because I felt tired in spite of having a nap.  This was the second night in a row without taking any TYLENOL PM, which I had gotten used to taking because of pain in my left leg due to the blood clot.  I found the movie WHAT MAISIE KNEW on ___________  and watched a bit before starting to prepare the beans.  I realized that I have seen it before, but decided to watch it a second time.  I put the baked beans together and baked them.  Then I called Peg to see if she needed anything, before I went to the Saturday Farmers Market.  She didn't.  I went to the market and did not purchase anything. 






I went to NorthWest Bank and got some cash from my checking account.  I relaxed at home and did a few small chores until it was time to go to Peggy and David's house for the COUSINS GET-TOGETHER.  I took my baked beans, three fold up chairs and my two small tables.  Gail was already there when I arrived.  Judy and her husband, Chip and his girl friend Krista, Mike and Janie all came.  David did hot dogs and burgers on the grill.  We all had a great time.  I gave David my camera so he could take pictures of the cousins and me and my three siblings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023