Week of Sunday June 4th through Saturday June 10th 2023
SUNDAY the 4th: Church was good this morning.
Glenda asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with her and Marsha, but I told her no, since I was planning on taking lunch over to Myrna, and spending some time with her. However, when I got home and called Myrna, she said she was not hungry enough to eat at that time (around noon), so we agreed that I would come over later, around six p.m. I watched a movie THE BOY, and took a nap and when I got up it was a little after five p.m. So, I called Myrna and took supper over: salmon loaf, three bean salad with peppers, and sweet potatoes, and the muffins I made this morning. We had supper together and watched the movie THE SURROGATE SCANDAL. After I left Myrna's place, I went to PIZZA OVEN to get a couple of slices of pizza. I was told there would be a ten minute wait, so I took a walk, and walked past the house my maternal grandparents owned when I was a kid. Then I went back
and got my pizza and headed home. As I was driving past Betty's house, she was getting out of her car, so I stopped for a minute and we talked. She said the "smoke in the air" was killing her and she was having a hard time breathing. Also, her downstairs neighbor, Butch, was having a hard time breathing, so she went to WalMart and got him something to help. When I got home, I had my pizza and found the movie TO LESLIE. I watched it, but it is not a very good movie.
MONDAY: Many, many people wished me a Happy Birthday on Facebook. Someone from Hearts and Hands called and sang Happy Birthday (to my answering machine). In the morning, I started packing for the trip to "church camp". I wanted to pick up the book written by Meip Geis, so I went to the library to return LIFE WITHOUT WATER and pick up that book, and I found a couple of others. It was lunch time, so I used a coupon and went to Burger King and had a Whopper, fries and a Dr. Pepper. I stopped at Molinaro's on the way home and purchased a HUGE peanut butter cookie and a HUGE brownie. I rested in the afternoon and then met up with Jan and Kelly at the Y for the craft class. We made a sunflower wreath. This is the finished product that we were shown at the beginning of the class:
I had a rough time with this, it seemed like we were not given enough details in the instructions. However, I was able to fix it up (mostly) when I got home, but I will work on it more.
TUESDAY the 6th Ladies Life Group this morning was great! They were discussing where to go to lunch when I left to go home in order to meet Paula. When I got home I found Angela trimming back the bushes along my driveway. She also cleaned up weeds, etc. in front of the bushes. She did not complete all of it, and will return when she has more time. When Paula picked me up, she asked where I wanted to go for lunch. I said I was thinking about Zoe's, since I had not been there in years. We were on our way to Zoe's when she mentioned a deli she likes in Clarence. Louie's Italian Deli. I said "lets go there", so we changed our plans. I love LOUIE'S. They have a huge menu. I ordered a turkey sub, Paula ordered a panini and some stuffed bread. She shared the stuffed bread with me. It was a bit hot and I could not finish it, but someday I would like to try a different stuffed bread that has different ingredients in it that are not hot. I ate half of my sandwich and took the rest home. I also got two Italian cookies CUCIDATTI ! Delicious. On the way back to Lockport, I asked Paula if she knew how to get to the new hospital, and she offered to show me. We drove in further than we should have (according to the No Trespassing signs), but I got a good look at it, and now know how to get to it. I rested at home in the afternoon. Later on in the day I unwound the hose and dragged it to the front yard and watered my two small gardens and pulled a couple of weeks. Then I decided to look for a map of Cattaraugus County, since Camp Li Lo Li is in that county. I found one.
WEDNESDAY June 7th. I went to the Y for the DRUMS ALIVE class. It was a very small group, maybe because of the air quality issue. Wild fires in Ontario Canada are causing the air to appear smoky and have particles (ash?) in it. I wore a mask when I was between my car and inside. I also went to TOPS and got some groceries. I was happy to find the PURE LEAF iced tea (Subtly Sweet) there, so I purchased a carton of six bottles. I also bought a cold rotisserie chicken and had some for supper. I continued packing for Li-Lo-Li.
THURSDAY, Friday and Saturday at the Ladies Retreat. Karen, Jan and I met up at FREEDOM CHURCH and loaded Jan's car up and headed south. We stopped in Ellicottville and went to the PURPLE DOOR a sock shop,
Katy's Diner for lunch and then to a gift shop named ALEXANDRA. Lunch was pretty good. Everything seemed pretty fresh, and the prices were very reasonable. Then we headed to Camp Li-Lo-Li. We found it easily and found our lodging,
and chose rooms and saved the most accessible room for Maggie (who is recovering from either hip or knee replacement) and Kathryn, who was acting as caregiver during camp. We were a couple of hours early. Karen took a nap, I read, and Jan kind of relaxed. Other people started arriving around five p.m. and getting settled in. The program started at seven p.m. We were all given swag bags, very nice cloth bags. After the evenings program was over, many of the younger people stayed and played games. Jan, Karen, Maggie and Kathryn and I went back to our lodging and we played a couple games of BANANAGRAMS.
FRIDAY: I did not sleep well last night. I just could not fall asleep. Breakfast was at nine a.m., scrambled eggs, toast and sausage, and assorted cereals. Then we went to the morning program, where we played a game that helped us get to know some of the other ladies. Lunch was barbecue chicken, roasted small potatoes, and salad, with ice cream for dessert. During one of the sessions today, we did a simple PERSONALITY TEST. In the afternoon we had several hours of free time. Maggie led us in some rock painting.
It was fun! Supper was make it yourself TACO's. Peggy accidentally slept through most of supper and when she saw what it was, she had the rest of a submarine sandwich that she must have kept from yesterday. Lunch was barbecue chicken, roasted small potatoes, and salad, with ice cream for dessert. By the time we finished the evening program, it was pretty late, and we were all tired, so no games. Here is the group picture
SATURDAY: After breakfast, the camp opened the camp store (someone from our group requested this). They had many short sleeved t-shirts, long sleeved t-shirts and sweatshirts marked way down. I purchased a long sleeved teal t-shirt for ten dollars. The morning session went well, and then they served us a very nice lunch of roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and desert. Then we returned to the meeting hall for "debriefing" which basically was filling out a personal review of the event. Then we quickly finished up packing our stuff and got it into Jan's car and headed out, I think about one thirty p.m. Just north of Ellicottville, we stopped at a Lutheran Church for their Trash and Treasure sale. We arrived at two thirty and were told they would be closing down in a half an hour. Karen waited in the car and Jan and I went in. Jan found a couple of books.
I saw a hat that immediately made me think of Pam so I purchased it for a dollar (paying was by donation) We then continued on our drive home. Unfortunately, Jan missed a turn just south of Buffalo (I think), which set us back a half hour or so, (we had to turn around when we got to the ALLENTOWN ART FESTIVAL) arriving at FREEDOM right around five p.m. and after moving stuff from Jans car to mine, I got home right around five thirty. I took everything inside, and unpacked some stuff, and watched TV for the rest of the day. I messaged Pam on FB and showed her the picture of the hat, and she likes it!! I will get it to her soon.

Comments
Post a Comment