SUNDAY July first through SATURDAY the 8th of July BLUEBERRIES and DUMPLINGS
SUNDAY: I missed most of church due to getting ready to serve hotdogs and then serving them out in the lobby after church. We gave away a LOT of hotdogs but there were a LOT leftover, which we bagged up and put into the freezer. After church, I took care of Petra and then went home. I spent the rest of the day at home, napping and resting and I watched the movie BURNING PLAINS. Paula stopped over for a few minutes, to give me a THANK YOU note for donating to her Ride For Roswell, and we discussed our upcoming trip in September to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands.
MONDAY: I slept very poorly last night, so I decided to stay home and relax and take a nap today. I arranged for Pam, Jan and Betty to meet up here at my house to go to the parade. Betty came, but decided to drive herself down and we arranged a meeting spot. Pam was a little bit late, but we had plenty of time. I parked behind Chenez Popcorn and we walked up to the library, and met up with Betty. The parade was very good this year.
Joshua Vacanti
Betty left right away, but Pam, Jan and I decided to walk over to Lake Effect Ice Cream. The line was very slow and long, so we decided to go to JoJo's for ice cream. I had a peanut butter sundae with dairy free vanilla. We were surprise to see several clowns finishing up their ice cream when we arrived. They had their picture taken with the staff.
After JoJo's we drove out to OUTWATER PARK for a few minutes. They have fixed up the old empty fountain. Pam invited Jan and I over to her place tomorrow at one p.m. Louise and Dee and Marsha will be there, and Pam will do hotdogs in her Foreman grill.
We met up with Peggy there. We ran into Elaine and Jim DeWeen and Dee McDonnel there, and they sat with us in the theatre. The movie was great!!!!! When I got home, there was a phone message from Lori. Before I could call her back, I found a FB message from Jan saying that she was with Lori at the Medina Hospital, and a little while later Lori called to say she was being transferred to a hospital in Buffalo, and was concerned about her car, since she and Jan had taken it to Medina. I suggested that Jan could drive Lori's car back to Lockport and leave it at my house while Lori is hospitalized. She said that was a good idea. So, later on, after Lori was transferred to Buffalo General Hospital, Jan brought Lori's car here and left it, and I took Jan home.
I did horribly, but did complete the project. Then we walked around and looked at all or most of the booths and tables where there were lots of items for sale. Neither one of us bought anything except Jan bought a piece of pizza.
I went to Niagara Produce to get some cider so that I could prepare the squash. I had some with my lunch and put most of it in the freezer. I put a ham bone in the crockpot and cooked it for a while before adding some cabbage and potatoes. I got lots of ham off of the bone and reeturned it to the crockpot. I cooked some egg noodles and served the ham, cabbage and potatoes over them. It was pretty good. I talked to Lori on the phone. It does not look like she will be getting out of the hospital today. I went through my dress clothing to see what I might choose to wear to Cassandra's wedding. I have several choices. I chatted online with Christa. She is going shopping tomorrow and hopefully will find something to wear to the wedding. I found the movie THE RIVER MURDERS
on the ROKU channel and watched it in the evening.






Comments
Post a Comment